name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #61543  by KentuckyEd

Hey, Now!

A new guy on the block here! This site is fantastic to meet fellow spirits and all !!! I just want to introduce myself to all of you folks.

I am married/partnered to Toni Brown, former publisher/editor of Relix Magazine for 20 years. She has just finished her book entitled
"Relix: The Book, The Grateful Dead Experience" which will be available in October, 2009. It is a 256 page full color work of the first 27 years of Relix Magazine, the Golden Age of Relix to many people.

We will be touring nationwide to support Toni's book, and our music. So we hope to be seeing you and hearing from you really soon.

In Peace and Light,
Toni Brown and Ed Munson
http://www.tonibrownband.com
http://www.jamtildawn.com
 #61547  by NashvilleMike

Bluegrass heads are present! Nice to have someone else in the neighborhood. :-)
 #61548  by Tennessee Jedi

Welcome !
:smile:
I remember Toni from the eighties ....
I think I saw her perform in New Hope Pa once.
Relix was like the internet community today. Seems like a long time ago now.
The good old days !
:D
 #61551  by dleonard

Hello All,

I've posted a few times, but didn't know it was customary to introduce yourself. Been playing guitar for about 3 years and playing in a cover/bar band in the Philly area where I try to sneak in as many Dead songs as I can. (e.g. Big River the "Johnny Cash" song).

...I saw Dark Star this past SAturday (5/30), and they were absolutely smoking, even though the bass player ignored me when I asked him wat year the show was going to be from when i saw him in a bar beforehand.
 #61552  by tigerstrat

dleonard wrote:Hello All,

I've posted a few times, but didn't know it was customary to introduce yourself. Been playing guitar for about 3 years and playing in a cover/bar band in the Philly area where I try to sneak in as many Dead songs as I can. (e.g. Big River the "Johnny Cash" song).

...I saw Dark Star this past SAturday (5/30), and they were absolutely smoking, even though the bass player ignored me when I asked him wat year the show was going to be from when i saw him in a bar beforehand.
dl, DSO never ever discusses their shows beforehand. It's a taboo subject. Yeah, I know.
 #61555  by strumminsix

dleonard wrote:...I saw Dark Star this past SAturday (5/30), and they were absolutely smoking, even though the bass player ignored me when I asked him wat year the show was going to be from when i saw him in a bar beforehand.
Welcome! LOL a bit. Kevin is a nice guy but you'd never know it from first impressions. I remember seeing/chatting with him in the 90s and he's super mellow.
 #61654  by Good Times

Welcome :smile: