#61094  by aoguitars

Hey guys, thought I'd show you the inlay work of Craig Lavin, whom I've been working with on this Rosebud that I'm building for a customer. It is absolutely stunning craftsmanship to say the least, and I can't recommend a guy more--easy to work with, and very open to discussion. We went back and forth several times trying to replicate the drawing, and I think he nailed it. Now it's my job to make sure the guitar matches!

#61106  by Naataanii

Absolutly Amazing work on the inlay.

I know from dealing with AO Guitars that Andrew will be just as diligent if not more on the rest of the guitar.

So Andrew what else can you tell us about this guitar your building? I'm sure there are plenty of others here on the boards that want to know what you have in the works? details, details!

SGP
 #61186  by aoguitars

Naataanii wrote:Absolutly Amazing work on the inlay.

I know from dealing with AO Guitars that Andrew will be just as diligent if not more on the rest of the guitar.

So Andrew what else can you tell us about this guitar your building? I'm sure there are plenty of others here on the boards that want to know what you have in the works? details, details!

SGP

Thanks, Naataanii, I appreciate the kind words. The guitar is going to be as close a replica to Rosebud as I can muster up for a real nice guy (and 'head) that I've been in talks with for a while now. We're going all the way, too, Roland Synth-equipped and I'll be fabricating all the brass parts. This is the first job I've done with Craig and I can tell you that I'll be doing a whole lot more with him in the future--I've already got him lined up for a couple of Wolf inlays for other customer guitars. He'll be working on the Rosebud fingerboard as soon as I can get it to him, with the customer's initials at the 12th fret (in Rick Griffin-style font that I drew) and "Rosebud" at the 24th. Should be killer!
 #61208  by Naataanii

Are you going to use the same kind of wood? and from the pics I have seen, there seems to be quite a few layers of wood and what are those layers and how many? like 7? or so?

JG