#60545  by Highballin'

I know lots of you can answer this. I am wondering, did The GD ever play 2 or more identical setlists? I'm guessing Yes. With or without the encore? Thanks. :smile:
 #60546  by strumminsix

I've wondered this myself. I searched years ago and couldn't find a duplicate full show.

Short answer is yes. In the 60s. One of those powerhouse 90 minute setters like: Dark Star > Feedback > death don't have no mercy sorta ones.

but onto full shows. Maybe a first set? I could imagine that but I still couldn't find one.
 #60547  by ebick

strumminsix wrote:In the 60s. One of those powerhouse 90 minute setters like: Dark Star > Feedback > death don't have no mercy sorta ones.
....and I'm pretty sure that that was because they were recording Live Dead and knew what they wanted to lay down.
 #60548  by strumminsix

ebick wrote:
strumminsix wrote:In the 60s. One of those powerhouse 90 minute setters like: Dark Star > Feedback > death don't have no mercy sorta ones.
....and I'm pretty sure that that was because they were recording Live Dead and knew what they wanted to lay down.
I guess that would work with the timing cuz the shows I'm thinking of are later 68 and LD was released in later 69.

However, in my mind for all these years I figured it was a good peak for LSD usage and they just rolled in the comfort and psychedlics of it all with the same core tunes to totally blow minds (theirs and the audience)! But I have nuttin' to back that up!
 #60552  by ebick

Well, they certainly had less material in the ol' inventory at that time, and yeah, when it got ot the psychadellic portion of the show....Dark Star, The Other One, etc.....those were always going to be there in one order or another.
 #60553  by Highballin'

That's surprising. I forgot about the 68'-69' stuff. I was predisposed to thinking along the 72'-78' Sets. I guess the odds are too great. I wonder if they put any thought into it?