#59652  by Jon S.

Cliff's done a whole bunch of stunning work in the past but this one kinda takes my breath away.

#59655  by tigerstrat

Bravo! Judging by the(mahogany?) grain in back, that looks to be what, maybe 6 cm wide, tops? Then look at the super tiny teeth and hand bones, the shades... wow. I can't quite figure out what the hair is made of...
 #59675  by Jon S.

I regret to say it's not for my axe. But here's the one for mine done by Ron Thorn. Sorry for the blurry pic, I didn't know how to work the camera's close-up feature at the time and I can't take another pic now because the oval is with Phil Jacoby (my luthier) for installation.

Also, here's my headstock inlay by Craig Lavin.

And my JackofRoses board by Brian Nalls.

Last edited by Jon S. on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #59803  by Jon S.

caspersvapors wrote:while i do think that is some pretty remarkable craftsmanship, theres no way id put that on my guitar. just my 2 cents but i find a lot of inlays to be tacky
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you feeling this way for yourself and your own guitars, not at all. Art is a highly personal decision. It would be a boring world were everyone to feel identically about all art.
 #59840  by cSuttle

Hi Gang,

It's Cliff Suttle, the guy who designed and made the Blues of Allah piece shown above. Just thought I would chime in and see if there are any questions about how it was made, or materials used, or how it will be installed on the guitar, or the meaning of life ...

Ask away.