name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #39286  by mikepand

I've been reading these forums for years, finally signed up.

I am 37 and have been playing in clubs solid since 17. I'v averaged about 80-100 gigs a year, now with 3 bands. I saw about 60 dead shows and about 5 or 6 JGB shows. I was not a tour head but did go for a week or so at time several times.

My first band was a dead band and then for about 10 year I went more progressive hard rock. (it was before the internet, gotta take what you can get!)

My favorite band is my Dead band Big Rhythm Wine. We just hit our 4th year anniversary. I get more joy out of this band than I have ever gotten out of any bands I have been in combined.

My rig is similar to Bob's.
I play through a Tone Tubby cabinet. Powered by a Carvin T100 (that I think I just blew up last gig). I use a Line 6 Pod like Weir. An Alesis compressor and a Blue Tube pre-amp to round it out. If you have considered Tone Tubby, DO IT! Greatest sounding cab I have ever had.

I play thru a 2000 American Strat and a Custom Strat like Franken-caster named Muffy.

thanks,
Mike

#39293  by tigerstrat

Hi, Mike! Always great to welcome experienced folks like yourself.

#39295  by Tennessee Jedi

Send Beer.

#39300  by mikepand

thanks. I've been meaning to join up out here. Glad I finally did.

Peace,
Mike

PS: come see us and I'll buy you that beer brother.

#39316  by CaptainTrips

Welcome, Im sure you will enjoy your stay. :smile:
 #39351  by Mason's Child

Hey man, I'm new here too. Also a MassHead. Also been coming here for a while, yet just signed up now.
good to see Mass represented.
Go Bruins!!!

#39357  by mikepand

Go Bruins!!

Classic!

Just walked in from a 1-0 overtime loss. A friend waved a ticket at me at around 4pm so we went. 2nd row loge, best seats I've ever had.

thanks for the welcome and the nice words about the band. We have a lot of fun doing it.

Mike
 #57977  by Rusty the Scoob

mikepand wrote:
My rig is similar to Bob's.
I play through a Tone Tubby cabinet. Powered by a Carvin T100 (that I think I just blew up last gig).
???? I'm not really up on all the Carvin model numbers, but I was assuming this was your amp.... or am I missing something?

Thanks for the kind words... I think my amp will be a cheap and easy fix. :cool:
 #57982  by mikepand

yep, totally me. Don't mind me, I am easily confused.

I have since totally scrapped that amp. She was good while she lasted.

But the case will be reborn as a boutique amp RiverRat is making me.

Which reminds me to talk to Ray about getting those parts we need...........thx.