#1390  by bigfootcounty

Hi again,

We're just starting to work out this song. I play the lead licks but what should the rythym player be doing. Bobby doesn't really strum the chords. It seems like he use arpeggios or something. Bobby is so low in the mix in all my shows it's hard to tell.

thanks in advance, great forum!

bigfoot county :?

#1391  by jhc

Don't know for sure (and have even less idea about the studio version) but live it seems like he's often playing slide

#2301  by spilly

JHC, I posted bobs main phasing in the "what about Bob?" topic area. If you would like an entire transcription of the song from bob's angle post a reply under that topic. I'll keep checking, and if you ask you shall recieve.
your friend with the notes,
Spilly McGee

#5681  by ssrythm

Where the heck is it? Spilly, there are a couple of hundred songs that I'd like know what Bobby is doing in. Could you lay out the entire song tabs for Stella Blue, Row Jimmy, and Peggy-O? :cool: Seriously, I'm in the ballpark on all of it, but then there are those :? "what the heck" :? "it's right here somewhere" :? "How the... Damn he's a freak!" moments, and a lot of 'em. Thanks, E

#5682  by spilly

shit, I can't find it either. I'll have to re-post it.

to be perfectly honest, I don't know how the play Stella Blue, Peggy-o, or Row Jimmy (I just started on row jimmy though) It's notthat I don't like the songs or anything, It's just that I play so much dead already I found I needed to draw a line somewhere.

I'll retab West L.A. tonight, right now I've got to figure out the bridge to Greatest Story, as I promised some of the guys I would and I just got ahold of the DVD.

so, a little pateients and I'll have some hot Bobby action worked out

your right though, he's a very pecular played. I often wonder if he suffers from ADD:-P

#5683  by strumminsix

spilly wrote:
I'll retab West L.A. tonight, right now I've got to figure out the bridge to Greatest Story, as I promised some of the guys I would and I just got ahold of the DVD.

your right though, he's a very pecular played. I often wonder if he suffers from ADD:-P
Firstly, thanks for the GSET tab.
SEcondly, I agree, he gets bored with playing a song a certain way for too long.

#5735  by dpmphoto

bobby is being a jerk

#5863  by sarraqum

I wonder what the heck is Boby doing on Dead Set's version of Friend Of The Devil. His solo puzzles me beyond belief, it isn't really a solo and it isn't really a riff it sounds like nothing I've heard from anyone else...Does anyone know what he is doing there?

#5872  by HOWEYMAN

Awhile ago I picked up the Cherry musics Grateful Dead guitar instruction video. This is a real good instruction video. The songs you guys are talking about, are not featured, but the songs that are covered are broke down into the Jerry/Bob parts. Good vid. opened my eyes. I would recommend it if you so desire.

#5873  by HOWEYMAN

woops, Friend is featured. Its the studio version of Beauty, which kicks ass as we all now.

#29010  by CaptainTrips

spilly wrote:JHC, I posted bobs main phasing in the "what about Bob?" topic area. If you would like an entire transcription of the song from bob's angle post a reply under that topic. I'll keep checking, and if you ask you shall recieve.
your friend with the notes,
Spilly McGee
I cant seem to find this "what about Bob?" area for the life of me. Can someone hook me up with a link?

#29016  by GratefulPat