#47562  by pappypgh

There were 2 instances:

One was (I think) Watkins Glen soundcheck jam from the "So Many Roads" box set.

The other was most definitely The Eleven melting into The Other One. NO SINGING, so it must have been post-vocals on the 11 and pre-vocals on The O1.

#47579  by weirimpressed

I love when they play phish on the weather channel, always make the day seem a little better, and its pretty often too.

as for the original thread, I was doing a delivery for a customer from the store I work at, and as I went to ring the doorbell, all I could hear was the intro to Scarlet Begonias. When he answered the door, he told me if I could name the tune and band I got five bucks. I got cocky and tried to name the year of the show, but was off and the guy just laughed. It was pretty cool, never had another experience like that, plus I made five bucks!

#47591  by BlobWeird

bodiddley wrote:A car dealer saw I was a head and said he was too. Maybe he was just trying real hard to sell me a car but I gave him a tape and he played it for a while over their PA.

The Weather Channel eh? Well, I'm a weather channel junkie and have never hear the GD on it. Floyd, Allman's, Layla, and some other cool stuff, but never the Dead. Do you remember the song?
Ive heard Dead before for a fact on there...Cant remember songs. And I heard some sort of instrumental acoustic song that DEFINITELy had Garcia on it. And yeah Ive heard plenty of Phish on there

#47662  by frankielee

Summer of 73 I'm in my room at my parents house in NYC listening to a cassette someone gave me from The Europe 72 tour. There was a very jazzy DS going into Sittin' on top of the world. My Dad came in my room and said who's that?(He was a jazz freak)I told him and he was pretty impressed. Well about a week later I walked into my house into the living room and there's my Dad listening to the tape I played him the week before. He really dug it :cool: :cool: :cool:

#47667  by bodiddley

Wow. Cool story Frankielee!

#47668  by frankielee

Forever indebted to my Dad for passing on to me his appreciation and passion for music. He always had a record on and the first music i remember being aware of hearing was jazz. Thanks Dad :smile:

#47672  by timothydarcangelo

Of all places, going to a commercial on a Nascar telecast I heard the segue jam into Rider off Europe 72' before. I was flipping my channels past, and pulled a double take. It's funny what our ears can pick up sometimes in a split second.

#47711  by 1960strat

Darky??

is this the same lax playing deadhead from Alfred?

It is Fix here....

#51919  by DooDahDan

Just recently on Fox during one of the Dodgers/Phillies games (Dodgers were at home) they played West L.A. on the outque into a commercial break.

#51975  by jackr

I have a weird one.

I am sitting in jail in hand cuffs in Hackensack NJ and a cop comes in the room to question me. He opens the door and I hear...

"Busted, down on bourbon street, set up, like a bowlin pin."

...then the door closed behind him.

It gave me chills and I thought how bizarre that moment was.

I don't think it was deliberate.

(and that is exactly what happened, some one narced on me and set me up)

#51976  by bodiddley

Not the GD but...That reminds me of the time I stepped out back for a smoke at the bar & grill I use to work at and glanced across the street at the dudes painting the funeral home while people were entering the building for a funeral...what was blaring outta their truck?..."Don't fear the Reaper"! I got a kick out of that one.

#51985  by maximinus

Traveling around Europe in 1994 (?) I ended up in Gibraltar after an epic overnight ride from Madrid (another story by itself).

Anyhow, after finding a bar to relax in, I sat there with my friend clutching a beer only to hear the sounds of 'St.Stephen' pounding out of the bars sound system.

At first I was simply amazed, then I heard the intro to the program: "Tonight, continuing our series on 60's American rock, THE GRATEFUL DEAD". And what followed was an hour of the boys taken from various early albums.

Needless to say, my non-deadhead friend couldn't understand my amazement; but I'd been almost 3 weeks with no music - a lifetime for a deadhead! In the strangest of places, indeed.