Chat about Equipment Info
 #48439  by Capt Rosebuddy

So I was out in beautiful Portland Or last week visiting an old high school pal, playing some music and just having a grand old time. Anyhow we stopped into a bar that has (or claims to have I didn’t get a chance to do the DNA testing) two cabs from The Wall of Sound. This discovery got me to thinking where did the gear wind up? I’m not talking about the big stuff like guitars, drums or the plethora of Lesh basses, I am wondering about the speaker cabs and hundreds of Mac 2300’s that the band went thru over the years anyone got any cool stories?

#48440  by tigerstrat

I know one local guy who has a WOS 2x12; didn't know there were any in a bar. What bar?

The WOS pieces pop up here and there, everywhere.

#48474  by willmusic

When I lived in SF, I jammed with a guy who had 2 1x12's from the wall. They were mids and the cabs were almost wide enough to hold 2x12's but only had one each. I also remember they had black front baffles, I know some did and some didn't. He had to replace the speakers for obvious reasons and they were really beat up but were still rock solid and he had them sounding great. Aside from that, bits and pieces have been seen in auctions, and I've seen at least a half a dozen on ebay over the years. Saw a Mac from the wall on there last year, id'ed by a "Property of GD: Front St..." label on the back. Keep a lookout and you may be able to own one. I have a savings set aside for that really special piece of gear...I don't even know what it's gonna be yet. But if another WOS item goes up for sale again, I may just shoot for that.

#48482  by Dozin

I heard that one way to tell a GD WOS mac is that all the screws were taken out and they used loctite to refasten them.

#48520  by willmusic

Good call! I'd read something to that effect, too. Silly-ass me I didn't even think to look for it at the time.

#48604  by Tennessee Jedi

I saw some guy selling a guitar case that belonged to Bobby on Ebay
" a piece of rock n roll history "
said the caption ....
:cool: