#46950  by wisedyes

Portland Maine Civic Center from October, 1983 - don't remember the specific date. I've only ever heard a so-so audience copy of it, but, you will NEVER find a hotter version - period.

The solo at the end is just peak after peak, Jerry's on fire, Weir's slide playing is actually really good and turned up high in the mix, the crowd is going nuts, the kind of version that literally gives you chills listening to it. Seriously, find this show and check it out!

#46961  by caspersvapors

that 83 one is HOTTT

#46969  by 4winds

Check out Phil and Friends 12-17-2004. Sounds good with Chris Robinson singing.

#46981  by BluesDaddy

CaptainTrips wrote:http://www.archive.org/details/gd83-10- ... sbeok.shnf

:smile:
Gave this a listen and downloaded the whole show. Not great sound, but not bad. Haven't listened to all of of the show yet, but, yes, a killer Althea.

Thanks!

#47019  by Stagger Lee

My hands down favorite - 10/27/91, explosive!

Also check out:
3/20/81
10/18/83(aud)

#47044  by pappypgh

Stagger Lee wrote:My hands down favorite - 10/27/91, explosive!

Hard for me to get excited about anything post Brent. But I'll try!

#47052  by bodiddley

I just litened to the 10-18-83 and 10-27-91 vesions and loved both. Good suggestions!

#47118  by bucketorain

pappypgh wrote:
Stagger Lee wrote:My hands down favorite - 10/27/91, explosive!

Hard for me to get excited about anything post Brent. But I'll try!
I agree with that....

I personally like 12-27-89...Bob really shreds this up...try to snag the SBD version of this..

8-4-89 Cal Expo is pretty good as well.

#47125  by tigerstrat

12/5/79 Uptown Theater, Chicago
8-4-89 Cal Expo is pretty good as well.
That is a great all-around show. In my top 4 or 5 attended, out of 150+. The set II pre-drums is totally outta control. Even the warmup licks before the Truckin' II opener were sending high voltage through my limbs! :smile:

#47224  by BluesDaddy

Keep 'em coming. I got the 10/27/91 show as well as the 10/18/83 and one of the others (can't remember off the top of my head). Am currently streaming the 8/4/89 Cal Expo. Very nice indeed. A little less languid than typically played, ISTM. Jerry is punching it a bit. :cool:

#47387  by jeffm725

I seeded 10/18/83 on DVD VIDEO a couple of years ago (the audio on the original vhs was lousy so I synched a nice AUD sourced recording to it).
It came out pretty good.The Althea is off the hook for sure, it is really cool seeing jer bopping around because in the fall of 83 he was pretty motionless most of the time.

I will pull out the dvd and try to upload the althea to you tube or something

#47875  by 2ndgendeadhead

my favorite is a 15 minute version that i haven't been able to tie down to a dated show. mos that i look for are around 7-10 minutes, so it might be rare and therefore easier to find. anyone have any ideas about what show that may be or i could find out for myself?