#43781  by Pete B.

I have the day off so I make a cup of coffee and sit down to check email and cruise the net, but first I kick off a show from Archive.com.
Today I wanted to hear Jer do some MuTron solo'ing so picked the first FOTM I came across from '82:
http://www.archive.org/details.php?iden ... newflash=1

I notice they have a place to click for "try the new player".
The thing I like about the new player is you can stream the show and if you hear something you like you can just drag the bouncing ball back to the beginning of the last solo or whatever.
It seemed to me that the player they have been using didn't allow me to do that. I had to rewind to the beginning of the song if I wanted to hear a section again (maybe I was doing something wrong?).

Anyway, just a note that an upgrade has been installed in case you haven't checked it out.
pb

#43806  by Candyman1984

That new player is cool. You could never do that before. and you can see how long the song is which is neat.

#43843  by weirimpressed

upgrades!!

the new player is way better, finding certain parts of songs is a necessity when tryin to figure something out, and knowing the length of songs is a cool feature too :cool:

#43846  by Billbbill

I haven't seen it yet but anything would be an improvement - the other player was crap.

I usually streamed through wmp anyway. Can slow it down w/o changing pitch, if I'm not halucinating.

#44208  by Pete B.

Anybody know what happened with the Archive player?
Now when I click on a show there is no player at all.
I wanted to listen to the Close Encounters "Space" from 1/22/78 (I think?).

#44210  by Billbbill

Same with me on my pc, but I hadn't gotten it to work on my pc yet at all. It was tellin me I needed to update my flash yet after I updated it still didn't work or was just completely gone.

It was working yesterday on my mac though.

#44237  by oconnors_35

BillBill, do you have IE7?
Just asking because I had troubles with IE7 and flash, ended up uninstalling it and going back to IE6.

SeanO

#44246  by caspersvapors

meh i just stream with winamp anyway

#44248  by Pete B.

I now see there is a box on the top left-ish, that has Stream options.
One opens up the old player in a different window.
One requiers me to save and then open, and it comes up in windows media player.
Niether are as good as having that new player right there. maybe i haven't clicked around enough yet?

Either way, I am now listening to track-17 bay-bee!!!
http://www.archive.org/audio/xspf_playe ... nf_vbr.m3u

Anybody got easy instructions on how to download these shows to CD? I guess i need to figer that out.
pb

UpDate: I see know how to open it on WinAmp.

#44255  by Billbbill

oconnors_35 wrote:BillBill, do you have IE7?
Just asking because I had troubles with IE7 and flash, ended up uninstalling it and going back to IE6.

SeanO
Yup. Not sure I'm gonna go that route but nice to know I'm not alone. :shock: