#42842  by st stephen

DICKS PICKS 13 Is a great show from the Nassau Coliseum on 5/6/81. On the second disc there is Saint of circumstance that has a scarlet/fire hidden inside of it, its not labled on the disc and was not part of the show that night. It was basically just inserted in there as a special treat. Does anyone know what show that scarlet/fire is from???

#42848  by bodiddley

I believe it's 11-1-79.

#42849  by st stephen

u da man...thanks...sick tranisition into fire...brent is just lighting it up...must have been such a unique time for the deadheads on tour going from keith the classical god to brent. I was born in 79 so was not able to attend shows that early. I wonder what it was like to be at a show and to start experincing brent. Any older heads have any experience on that topic.

#42915  by ThePilgrim

Are you sure its 79?

#42923  by bodiddley

pretty damn sure...it would fit right in to a lot of the keyboard style/sounds he was using in the Fall of '79. Haven't listened to it in ages...think I'll play it now.

#42974  by pappypgh

My first experiences were with Brent and I remember the transition experience from him to Vince being a complete and utter let-down.

Brent Mydland had such an energy onstage, and such an incredible talent with that B-3. He was one of a kind.

Vince brought nothing to the table and did NOT belong with that amazing group of musicians, IMO.

Never really thought Keith was GREAT, but he was solid and certainly had a WHOLE lot more to offer within the Grateful Dead spectrum than Vince. Would love to have seen some 75-78 shows....I was 9 tho.