Chat about Equipment Info
 #42713  by BlobWeird

Looking for a very cheap recorder. I mean in the end I'll most likely be disappointed by going the cheap route. But for now I just want somethin to put down my ideas without having to lay it down all at once. I cant really sing and play. And its quite impossible to play lead and rhythm at once lol. So I need a recorder to put it all together. Not really lookin to spend more than like 200. Someone on here, maybe Dozin, had a nice little Sony Mini-disc 4 track. I like somethin along those lines but possibly with 8 tracks? Any ideas? And I know computer is the best way to go but cant do it so its gotta be an external deal.

#42715  by spacehead333

I have a 8-Track older Korg multi track. It records onto zip drive. It's alright, but kinda hard to figure out. I only paid like 100 bucks for it at guitar center, but it gets the job done.

#42717  by playingdead

I have a Tascam DP-01FX that is a super nice little 8-track, with good effects on board. It's pretty stunning, actually, you can get great recordings off it.

Tascam just replaced it with the DP-02, so if you can find one, you might get a great deal on it ... here it is at $299 from Zzounds, but do some searching, I had a friend who bought one for $225.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--TASDP01FX