Musical Theory Abound!!!

#41471  by strumminsix

krzykat wrote:i'm not saying that he IS using, i'm saying that he is majorly depressed
And again, are you spreading rumors or can you back it up?

#41472  by Shooster

As to your Franklin's speculations, over their three night run at the Beacon , the reworked Franklins in three different arrangements, one for each night.

I guess if he really was depressed (that's totally coffee table psychology though), you have to ask yourself if you think you're helping anything by spreading that on the internet.

#41473  by krzykat

if you refer to the original post all i said is send him positive vibes then it exploded so again all i am saying is send him positive vibes and lets leave it at that!

#41478  by strumminsix

krzykat wrote:if you refer to the original post all i said is send him positive vibes then it exploded so again all i am saying is send him positive vibes and lets leave it at that!
So, your speculation and rumor. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

#41480  by krzykat

You can call it speculation if you want but i kmow what i saw, there is no way to prove it on the internet so that was a loaded question from the start. do you know when someone is depressed? can you tell when someone you meet isn't all there?

Just cuz its some one everyone here knows of people are making this bigger. If ya'll looked in his eyes you might know what i'm talking about but you didn't!

#41484  by strumminsix

krzykat wrote:You can call it speculation if you want but i kmow what i saw, there is no way to prove it on the internet so that was a loaded question from the start. do you know when someone is depressed? can you tell when someone you meet isn't all there?

Just cuz its some one everyone here knows of people are making this bigger. If ya'll looked in his eyes you might know what i'm talking about but you didn't!
Here is your original quote:
krzykat wrote:I'm saying that he is manic depressive.
You didn't say "he looked MD" or "I fear he is MD" or "he reminds me of an MD I knew" you flat out accused/diagnosed him as being MD.

I would not take issue if you said he looked depressed as hell.

In part I would very much agree Bobby over the years has looked for distant in his eyes and sadly over the past 5 or so looking more and more empty. It breaks my heart actually. He doesn't look happy or fulfilled he too often looks sad.

But there is a difference between my perception and stating he is MD as a fact.
 #41486  by Scott Bardolf

Aside from being tired, stared at all night long, talked to etc... Maybe he missed his wife and little daughters?

#41489  by wisedyes

Maybe he is bummed out, or was bumming that night, but we can't and don't know for sure what goes on in Weir's head. I'd like to be in there for a few minutes so I better understand his choice of tempos and timing to songs, for sure. I'm definitely not a fan of many of his "re-thinkings" of a lot of the tunes, but I guess he's trying to keep them fresh.

He could have been just tired - the guy IS 60 and keeps a pace that would kill people half his age, and has been doing so for what, 40 years straight? And I don't mean " I didn't sleep so good last night" tired, but down to the bone weary of it all tired. I know I would be by now if I was him.

#41491  by Pete B.

"Midnight on a carousel ride
Reaching for the gold ring down inside
Never could reach it, just slips away but I try..."

#41492  by steve

that picture always cracks me up

#41494  by krzykat

Actually this was the original post

"Bobby looked so strung out his eyes were void and he looked like he didn't care any more (kinda like Randall Patrick McMurphy in cukoo's nest after the labotomy) The instant i looked in his eyes i knew what the franklins was about, and it made me very sad.

We all need to send positivity to Bobby to help him get out of this funk that he is in!! Lets help him to roll away the dew and bring a smile back to his face."

#41509  by weirimpressed

whole lotta acid/numerous other drugs will probably do it to ya haha

Spaced for Life :cool:

someone give bob a little pick-me-up before he comes down south again