Chat about Equipment Info
 #39668  by willmusic

That's pretty much it. It's just me, my acoustic, and sometimes my wife on backing vocals. What's a good option for recording a cheap, simple , one shot live demo? I have a good mixer so it can all be on one track and we don't have a need for overdubs. My budget doesn't go far beyond 150-200 bucks and cheaper would be better. My friend suggested a minidisc recorder but I still don't know. If anyone has any advice I'd be most Grateful. Thanx!

#39675  by lostsailor8782

Get ahold of Laytonco on here ... do a hey Gil shout out , he has killer little recorder that makes absolutely awesome recordings in live applications that he paid 200 bucks for .. he has recorded my band with it and his several times and the sound is awesome and it is really user friendly , easy to transfer songs to the computer etc

#39740  by pmonk66

I suggest you go over to taperssection.com and check out if any VA tapers willing to record you for a 6 pack or something

#39745  by Chuckles

Where are you in VA? If it's not too far out, I could record you one either my MacBook or I also have a HD recorder that does a nice job. Any editing could be done in one of a few apps I've got.

Drop me a PM if you're w/in an hour of DC.

#39754  by willmusic

I appreciate the suggestions guys. Chuckles, I'm most grateful for the offer. Luckily, one of my friends is coming down from Ohio w/ a digital multitrack and he's gonna help me out. Wish me luck!

#40564  by playingdead

You can buy yourself a Tascam DP-01 for about $150 now online ... it's a really nice 8-track digital studio, it's great for laying down tracks and exporting them as WAV files into Garage Band, etc. Really good stuff for the money, I've had mine since November.

#40570  by Emoto

You can download Audacity for free and, assuming you have a soundcard with a mic input, you can record right onto your hard drive.

Izzat cheap enough? :-)