#33942  by tigerstrat

RR's Bobby guy makes do with a Fender Stage 112 combo and a DigiTech MD-80 multi-pedal... our original Bob guy had a HR Deluxe and later added a Zoom pedal on which he would sometimes go a bit over the top...always with that cheesey charm of his o'course. Both guys would always have single loading trips, in and out meanwhile I make 4 each way with my Jerry rig.

#33951  by strumminsix

tigerstrat wrote:Both guys would always have single loading trips, in and out meanwhile I make 4 each way with my Jerry rig.
LOL! I drag more stuff in and out than our "Jerry".
Head, cab, rack, 2 guitars, a case, 1 back-up bag, 1 back-up rig, stands, etc... Seems like I make about 4 trips each way myself.

Ironically, many Bobby guys I've known over the years have the simplest rigs 1 guitar, 1 combo, 1 multiFX usually digitech. Never understood that since Bobby's tones and love of gadgets require some gear!

-----------------------------------------------

BTW, no pic yet: Alvarez Yiari WY1 with added bridge pickup.

#33960  by Dozin

I just recently switched over to a Dean Markley vintage combo amp, a Ibanez PT5, a TC Electronics pitch modulator / Flanger, Ibanez AF 9, and a Boss Delay. Never been so simple with a great Bobby sound.
 #39603  by Laytonco

I have a question. In your picture section, on the one with the tie-dyed background, what kind of Ibanez is that? Is it modified? How so? I am really on the Jones Track for an Ibanez. I have Edwin H's (I think you know him) Ibanez Professional (2680)until he gets back from Great American Taxi tour in April. I love it and even asked to have first dibs if he ever sells it. But, it signed by Bob so that ain't likely to happen. Soooooo, I have been searching for one for me. Preferably a 2681 (vine inlay) or even a Cowboy reissue. Then I saw yours and yours seems to be set up like the Cowboy. Can you elaborate on it?

#39605  by Dozin

My Ibanez was a AR-500. The guitar didn't do it for me so I sold it. I wish I knew what I did now about the amp set up. I might have a different opinion about the guitar. Michael Kaufman is a Ibanez buff. I'm sure he'll chime in soon and give you his opinion and I would run with what he says.

I thought Edwin put a single coil in his guitar, no?

Your a memeber of the Gear Heads group right?
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/GearHeads/ There's a recent discussion about the Cowboy guitar

-Chris

#39606  by Laytonco

Cool, and thank you. Yes, I split my time between here and Gheads. I'll check that thread. Yes, Edwin put a single in there which I like, but honestly it is nice and bright just with the two HBs on. Amp set up? You're talking about the high mid route? That did it for me. In fact, I am toying with adding a lot of bass, like up to about 5 or 6 to enhance that. BUT, there is a trick, you have to stay on the high 3 strings and avoid the lower 3 for it to work right. EXCEPT, for things like the Boom ending to Rider.

Peace,

Gil

#39607  by Dozin

Nice of Edwin to let you borrow that guitar. I don't like the bass setting up. It's just to muddy for me.

What does Edwin have in his guitar for a single coil, is it a high A?

#39614  by High Peaks

I should talk to Lenny in my band!!! He should post his rig. He has the Cowboy Reissue, and a couple of sweet rigs that cover Bobby perfectly from about 72-80's.( Fender era first, then the IVP with all the bells and whistles!!) I guess he's just shy!!

#39619  by tigerstrat

willmusic wrote:Glad to see this thread came back to us for a minute!
That's why I think this forum could use a selection of Sticky threads chosen by the proctors :hd: Too many very useful and universal threads fall by the wayside for awhile only to repeatedly pop up later on as a duplicate thread that has to begin from scratch.

By the way, I was thinking I'd like to find a pedal to make that "waaa-wwaaa" sound Jerry got, like in Shakedown, Estimated, etc??? Does anyone know what that's called or have any recommendations???

And what do you think about DSO, are they worth $26.50, and are they actually better than the Dead?? I heard they were better than Keller Williams even.

:lol:

#39625  by Laytonco

TIGERSTRAT!!! HUSH YO MOUTH on the DSO thing! LMAO!!

1) Dozin - Yes, it is a Hi A on the single coil. Real nice. I havent played iot much more than just unplugged at the PC. I worked on it last night, got it set up real nice. New 11s, etc. I'm going to play it tonight in the studio. I cant wait.

2) Yea, I tried adding the bass aling with the high mids and it was muddy. Oh well, searhing for the sound.

3) It would be cool to have a hot link to topics like Jerry Rig, Jerry Tone, Bobby Rig, Bobby tone, Effect, etc. That way you could click and go straight to threads dealing with those major topics. Oh, and a link to the Pranksters! I know you ALL want to keep up with where I'm playing, right> LOLOLOL!

Peace,

Gil