Chat about Equipment Info
 #37151  by Scary Pete

I'm looking for a pedal to get really good blues effects with a les paul. I've been looking at the Boss BD-2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J31gzQacGBk for a video review). Is there anything else someone can recommend for me since, we probably all have somewhat similar taste. I'm not trying to spend too much. I'll probably be browsing ebay for it.

edit: by the way, i dont know if this is the right section

#37155  by strumminsix

Please try to describe exactly what you want.

Rhythm or lead?

When I think blues I think a low wattage tube amp starting to break up.

#37158  by bucketorain

i have a BD-2. i really like it...i also have the boss super overdrive, but use it less. if you can get hold of a Tube Screamer, that's what SRV used....

#37165  by Scary Pete

strumminsix wrote:Please try to describe exactly what you want.

Rhythm or lead?

Lead
bucketorain wrote:i have a BD-2. i really like it...i also have the boss super overdrive, but use it less. if you can get hold of a Tube Screamer, that's what SRV used....
Ibanez TS-808 or TS9?

#37172  by strumminsix

Can't help without more info....

#37192  by Tennessee Jedi

I love the BD-2.Its not some over the top pedal.I get a semi sorta LIVEDEAD vibe with one and I use another for some more gainy Jerry settings.
:cool:

#37197  by bucketorain

Scary Pete wrote:
strumminsix wrote:Please try to describe exactly what you want.

Rhythm or lead?

Lead
bucketorain wrote:i have a BD-2. i really like it...i also have the boss super overdrive, but use it less. if you can get hold of a Tube Screamer, that's what SRV used....
Ibanez TS-808 or TS9?
you can find good gear info on http://guitargeek.com

here is SRV's rig circa 1984

[img][img]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh29 ... v_1984.gif[/img]

[/img]

#37200  by tigerstrat

the speakers in the Vibroverbs were JBL K-120 [edit]make that K-130, 15"![/e].

Try out the Full-Drive FD2 overdrive- kinda pricey but so are Rolls Royces.
Last edited by tigerstrat on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

#37201  by strumminsix

Dave Barber makes excellent ODs.

#37203  by tigerstrat

wait a sec- the Wah comes before the OD pedals?? I highly doubt that.

#37205  by bucketorain

tigerstrat wrote:wait a sec- the Wah comes before the OD pedals?? I highly doubt that.
i have my wah 1st in the chain, doesn't every one?

#37208  by tigerstrat

bucketorain wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:wait a sec- the Wah comes before the OD pedals?? I highly doubt that.
i have my wah 1st in the chain, doesn't every one?
Not Hendrix; not me. But I have to admit I don't use wah very often. I like the Hendrix sound with a fuzz fed into the wah.

#37211  by strumminsix

I don't use a wah but I do use Envelop & Phaser.

I run it: Env > OD > Phas

Delicious!!!!!!!

#37214  by tigerstrat

well F@% me:

and now I can't find the circa 67-68 pic I saw about a year ago where he clearly had the Octavia 1st in chain.

#37219  by BlobWeird

I have my envelope right after my volume pedal. But maybe someone can help me arrange my pedals. Right now I have Git>Volume>Envelope>Noise Suppressor>EQ>Blues Driver>Amp

I am gonna start puttin in the DS-1 or MXR dist+ and also the Ibanez AD9. What would be a good order for all of these? I really am clueless as to this so I just kinda picked a random order haha. I read somewhere on here envelope goes first but thats about all I know.