#36322  by krzykat

i don't know about anyone else, but this makes me sick! The most antiestablishment band of all time supporting the politics that they fought so had against. :? :? :? :evil:

#36326  by SoulShakedown

krzykat wrote:i don't know about anyone else, but this makes me sick! The most antiestablishment band of all time supporting the politics that they fought so had against. :? :? :? :evil:
Agreed 100%

The greatest jam rock band in history? Yes

Men of their word? Negative

#36330  by HawaiianDedhed

Please explain.

#36331  by bucketorain

times are a changin...

look... back in the 60's they fought againts the establishment because, in number they had a voice. did it work? some say yes there was accomplishment but was there really? look at the termoil we are in now...nothing has changed in 40 years except technology and polution.

maybe the phil and bobby are saying, "if you can't beat them, join them" maybe they see something positive in his campagne, heck, if they were repulican then i would be concerned...

or maybe its just marketing...
whatever...

#36333  by Pigpen

So is it just a rally or is Obama going to be there? I ask this because my non-dead family would want to see Obama and if hes not there, wouldnt have to pay the 35 per person ticket.

#36334  by IamDocWatson

no obama there...tickets sold out

#36335  by pappypgh

It is for real. It is on Phil's homepage at www.philzone.com and it's called GD Members Unite 4 Obama. They are backing Barack. I am too, and I'm frankly not surprised that the boys are too. They may be antiestablishment, but they are VERY political. You can't have been a musician who lived through the periods of the 50s and 60s and NOT be political, sorry. If you aren't then you just don't care.

I know this is a site that should be free of political stuff, so I'm not gonna tell you all that you should vote one way, or another...but I AM gonna tell you all that you need to be INVOLVED and you need to VOTE and vote with a CONSCIENCE as to what you want from this government. Turning your back is not the answer.

That's my .02.

Peace out! Wish I could make that show, but alas - I'm in Pittsburgh, PA!!! (not to mention BROKE!) :roll:

To the Republicans, I say: :mad:

#36338  by pappypgh

SoulShakedown wrote:
krzykat wrote:i don't know about anyone else, but this makes me sick! The most antiestablishment band of all time supporting the politics that they fought so had against. :? :? :? :evil:
Agreed 100%

Yeah, it really sucks that they actually CARE about what happens in this country. It really sucks that they actually want to show support for someone who is for change. I applaud the boys 100%.

Men of their word? What is THAT supposed to mean? They rallied with Nancy Pelosi not so long ago. Why is this so shocking? Ever LISTEN to the LYRICS of "Throwing Stones"? Just because they are against the establishment does not mean they poo-poo on politics.

Think about it. The FUN anti-establishment GD is the GD who doesn't play ONE TRACK from their newly released (on the very day) album, "In The Dark." THAT'S anti-establishment. Rallying for a candidate who has said he's had ENOUGH of the way this country is being treated should be APPLAUDED. Whether you like Barack Obama or not, you simply cannot enjoy what is going on in this country, right now. I'm signing off because I could sit here and type all night.

I'm not a hater, here folks...don't get me wrong. I love coming to this site & shooting the shit about the Dead and all the other cool music stuff that this site is about. BUT, we're human beings and we need to take the blinders off every once in a while and realize there are a whole lotta other people out there who are getting the short end of the stick from the current gov't. It's okay to vote and support someone...it actually makes you feel good to get involved!!!

Peace!!!! :cool:

#36340  by Pigpen

mmm it wouldnt be a real show anyway. Bobs never played with Phils band so... Most likely a bunch of shorter easier tunes.

#36342  by SoulShakedown

pappypgh wrote:
SoulShakedown wrote:
Agreed 100%

Yeah, it really sucks that they actually CARE about what happens in this country. It really sucks that they actually want to show support for someone who is for change. I applaud the boys 100%.

Men of their word? What is THAT supposed to mean? They rallied with Nancy Pelosi not so long ago. Why is this so shocking? Ever LISTEN to the LYRICS of "Throwing Stones"? Just because they are against the establishment does not mean they poo-poo on politics.

Think about it. The FUN anti-establishment GD is the GD who doesn't play ONE TRACK from their newly released (on the very day) album, "In The Dark." THAT'S anti-establishment. Rallying for a candidate who has said he's had ENOUGH of the way this country is being treated should be APPLAUDED. Whether you like Barack Obama or not, you simply cannot enjoy what is going on in this country, right now. I'm signing off because I could sit here and type all night.

I'm not a hater, here folks...don't get me wrong. I love coming to this site & shooting the shit about the Dead and all the other cool music stuff that this site is about. BUT, we're human beings and we need to take the blinders off every once in a while and realize there are a whole lotta other people out there who are getting the short end of the stick from the current gov't. It's okay to vote and support someone...it actually makes you feel good to get involved!!!

Peace!!!! :cool:
Sorry you're sold on the hype and put so much energy into that. Peace to you too, man.

#36343  by HawaiianDedhed

Will someone please explain why this is such a big deal. Where is the anger coming from?

#36345  by tigerstrat

SoulShakedown wrote:
Agreed 100%

WHAT word? Did they sign something saying you own their asses?