Chat about Equipment Info

#31946  by strumminsix

I'm with nicolas, the site pulls up all weird objects and characters.

#31950  by BlobWeird

strumminsix wrote:I'm with nicolas, the site pulls up all weird objects and characters.
Oh I get it now. You guys are talkin about that first site I listed a while back. I thought he was talkin about the musiciansfriend link. Yeah that site doesnt work for me now either. It did when I first went to it and it was an Ebay page.

#32037  by paulinnc

If I could shell out the cash for a decent guitar I would. But for me, I like the Alder body with the quilted top. So I will have to make this a nice guitar one piece at a time. A new neck, later some pickups and electronics and voila. The guitar I always wanted.

#32078  by Revv23

I want a new neck for my mexican strat - but that is harder then it sounds... i mean - fender doesnt sell necks and there are tons of internet shops that sell necks - but how do i know what neck is quality and what isnt?

otherwise - everything about my mexi strat is top end; imo it sounds better then any strat in the music shop... just has this cheapo neck that just doesn't feel "right" (not to mention the frets are about toast - i dont see any reason to refret such a cheap neck though)... :(

#32083  by I'm on the Bozo Bus

Plenty o' options out there for you Revv.
As you mentioned, you can't swing a cat by the tail with out hitting a "guitarneck.com" site. Most that you have heard of... On this site and many other forums as well.. will have quality product.
Find a local luthier, likely they have purchased necks from many sources and they should be able point you off in the right direction. Do the luthier a favor... Where ever you get the neck.. Let the one who advised you dress the neck. One good turn deserves another.
At my local shop (not the Box o guitar franchise) there are guitar necks everywhere, some are as twisted as a pretzel, or broken. Those of course are the novelties that people look at and go "Damn how'd that happen". However, my local shop has necks that have been disembodied (sp?) for one reason or another. Typically they come from folks swapping out a stock neck for a different one... Looking for that tone I suppose.
Down side to putting a new (body-less) neck on a guitar....
You can look at against the light, rub the fret board, look at it against the light again, rub the back of the neck, look at it in the light again.... in other words, it's a lot like looking under the hood of your car after it stops running even though you know nothing about car engines... It just seems like the thing to do.
Typically, in most cases, you get what you pay for. This may not be the case 100% of the time, but it is typical.... It is VERY difficult to know the feel of a neck when it is not on a guitar. You just gotta hope for the best.

An option to buying a neck while still attached to a guitar... It is my understanding that the necks on inexpensive Strats, perhaps even some older Charvel and Jackson Strat "Copies" feel really great and play quite well. In other words, hit the pawn shops, local shops that takes in used guitars and test drive away. Do the homework and check the scale and sizes of the neck and make sure it will fit the guitar and if it feels right.... Drop $150 - $200 on a used guitar only for the neck. There are some diamonds in the rough out there.
Or...
Spend roughly the same amount of money, pick one up from a company (with a decent reputation and has been around a while) that sells guitars / bodies / necks.
IMO.... Stay away from Ebay.... I found a neck being sold by an individual that had lots of sales, good feed-back etc... I sent an email to him asking him to call me... I asked what did the neck come off of.... His answer.. a guitar....OK.... Not his fault... but he did not know SQUAT about what he had. I asked if it was twisted any. Answer... Naw... It seems to lay pretty flat on the floor....
Enough from the bus.....
PEACE
Phil

#32085  by BlobWeird

Revv23 wrote:I want a new neck for my mexican strat - but that is harder then it sounds... i mean - fender doesnt sell necks and there are tons of internet shops that sell necks - but how do i know what neck is quality and what isnt?

otherwise - everything about my mexi strat is top end; imo it sounds better then any strat in the music shop... just has this cheapo neck that just doesn't feel "right" (not to mention the frets are about toast - i dont see any reason to refret such a cheap neck though)... :(
www.warmoth.com enough said. Quality necks and bodies!

#32623  by Revv23

Man great thanks for the info guys! Bozo you are the man!

I guess I'll have to find a luthier shop... I don't even know where to begin lol. God bless the internet.

I know about warmoth but something about buying something I've never even seen irks me.

#32643  by MAGGOTBRAIN

Just thought id add my 2cents here.,.,
AllParts make a licensed Fender replacement neck, all in all not a bad neck for the price.
http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/guitar_index.htm

If you are looking for something a bit more custom.Try here http://www.soulmateguitars.com/index.htm
Doug makes a Quality neck! I recently had him build a Tele neck for me.Laminated w/ Maple PurpleHeart Maple and a Pau ferro fretboard.Was about 200 plus shipping.

#32737  by High Peaks

I just picked up a RWG left handed semi hollowbody. I have to say for $279, this guitar is very well made. I will probably swap out the pickups for some schallers, but this guitar sounds great. I was very pleasantly surprised by how straight the neck was. I bought it on ebay, which i thought i would never do.

#36271  by ELPManticore

http://stores.ebay.com/Rondo-Music-On-Line

This dude on ebay sells some decet looking knockoff stuff and has good feeback/reviews (which could be fake...)

Anyone bought from him?

I think I might pick up a fretless bass from him when I have some dough. I'm not a bass player in the sense that I'll pick up a guitar probably 85% of the time, but I really like the sound of a fretless.

Also might grab one of his cheap guitars and turn it into a fretless project. We'll see.

#36279  by weirimpressed

i played on a faded sg the other day and it was pretty nice, but if I had to go with something for cheap, or at least less-expensive, I would go with Ibanez. I have an AG-model faded Ibanez, and its amazing, the sustain is unreal, necks a little heavy but thats the way I like it. I also have a really beat up yamaha that is awesome for slide, but thats about it

#36288  by SoulShakedown

nicolasalk wrote:热门搜索关键字:

* 圣诞好礼
* 诺基亚
* 纽曼
* 罗技
* 塑身内衣
* 瘦身
* 大衣
* 开运水晶
* 点卡
* 邮票
* zippo
* 充值有奖
* 更多

北京易联通合信息技术有限公司版权所有, 本公司保留所有权利。

所有商标与品牌均为其各自拥有者的财产。使用本网站即表示接受易趣网用户协议
Are you sure they are available in the sunburst at that price?

#36289  by SoulShakedown

I picked up a Jay Turser 335 copy off ebaY about 5 yrs ago. It plays and sounds excellent for the price and the vintage tobacco burst was surprisingly flawless. All for less than $200 brand spankin' new!

http://www.jayturser.com/jt-133nh.php

#36298  by ELPManticore

I picked up a JT acoustic/electric resonator off ebay last year. It was only like 150 or so.

Def. worth more that that

#36357  by willmusic

ELPManticore wrote:http://stores.ebay.com/Rondo-Music-On-Line

This dude on ebay sells some decet looking knockoff stuff and has good feeback/reviews (which could be fake...)

Anyone bought from him?

I think I might pick up a fretless bass from him when I have some dough. I'm not a bass player in the sense that I'll pick up a guitar probably 85% of the time, but I really like the sound of a fretless.

Also might grab one of his cheap guitars and turn it into a fretless project. We'll see.

Agiles are actually pretty decent guitars. A friend of mine has four of them. He used to be a Hamer player but after his first Agile purchase, went and bought 3 more, then sold the Hamers. I've played them and I'd say at the very least, they're up there with the better Epiphones and lower-priced Gibsons. I'm looking into one myself pretty soon.