#35262  by BuddhaG

you can really learn a lot about a man just by looking at his rack...

a true patriot indeed

bob is the man :cool:

#35263  by BuddhaG

that donna pic is fake right? lol i always knew he had the hots for her, you can so tell on the winterland dvd. she was pretty hot in the 70s.

i just read about the ibanez af-9 at this page: http://guitargeek.com/gearview/162/

i thought i wanted a phaser but maybe this is what i want... is there a modern version being put out right now? or is the only thing you can get is vintage? is that yours in the pic, Dozin?

w00t w00t, killing time reading gear reviews online

#35264  by Dozin

That's not my af9 but I do use one. It's more of a wah than a phaser.

#35312  by BuddhaG

It seems like it can do a lot more than just autowah though.
[from guitargeek link i posted above] Whether you need traditional pick wah, gurgling underwater sounds, nasal sweeps, or warm analog bleeps, the AF-9 can be called into action.
This seems really versatile, I'd love something like this.

#35350  by IamDocWatson

BuddhaG wrote:that donna pic is fake right? lol i always knew he had the hots for her, you can so tell on the winterland dvd. she was pretty hot in the 70s.

i just read about the ibanez af-9 at this page: http://guitargeek.com/gearview/162/

i thought i wanted a phaser but maybe this is what i want... is there a modern version being put out right now? or is the only thing you can get is vintage? is that yours in the pic, Dozin?

w00t w00t, killing time reading gear reviews online

thats not donna...just some chic they sent up there to flash bobby...i heard the story before it was a gag or maybe it was his bday or something

#40284  by jenkins

I use an old Ibanez Phase Tone PT-909 and it is awesome. Definetly by far the best Phaser Iver ever used. Maxon makes a reissue of this pedal.

extremely versatile phaser. I would strongly suggest this pedal. You can definitly get the same phaser tone that bobby was getting in the 70's.

I thought bobby's cutler designed pedal was controlling the phaser in his ibanez ue-400 multi-fx unit. Did he have a separate phaser that was being controlled by that pedal?

#40301  by KCJones

One thing I find interesting, and kinda surprising, on the back shot of Bob's rig, is the instrument and patch cables...... The are all Road Hog brand. These are just average run of the mill, Guitar Center type cables. I know many cables are hyped as high end super duper, when they aren't, but these are definately nothing spec-wise, great..high capacitence, etc, though they are neutrik connectors.

#40303  by KCJones

With my Phaser use, found that usually less is better. Meaning turn the Depth down, use it sparingly. It doesn't take much Depth to get the effect, and cut through the mix, without it being to overbearing, in your face, which is usually a bad thing.

#40305  by Tennessee Jedi

How did I miss that Bob pic?!!@#@!@#
Yeah thats awesome !
Bob is a pro - hes still singing and playing.
Bob is a hound - even though hes not looking you can tell he knows a great set of bobos when he sees 'em!
Yo Dozin'
How did you manage to get on stage and all ?
Way cool man Thanks for sharing the pics...
:smile:

#40326  by Dozin

Mark Karan wrote me when he first joined the band and we developed a pretty cool relationship over the years. When they swing into town we usually hook up. After sound check the band crashes before dinner and I hang with Vodim and AJ and get to screw around on stage.

my first Weir meeting:
It was pretty cool the first time I met Weir. I was leaning over a large road case watching Hornsby play about 15 to 20ft away from him. I was like "This is great!". Next thing I feel this instrument get set down right next to me and I look down next to my arm and it was Weir's blue Modulus. I turned and looked at him and he grinned and said hey. I said hey back (very nonchalant, even though I was like right on! inside) We both stood hunched over elbow to elbow watching Hornsby play for a few songs enjoying the moment. Then Weir said fuck it, I'm not going to play and grabbed his guitar and left. I was like, now that was pretty cool.