rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#35030  by gratephulphish123
 Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:38 pm
strumminsix wrote:
gratephulphish123 wrote:i have a cheapo DOD envelope filter and ive been able toget it pretty close to jerry's dancin tone my blends at about 5 sensitivity at 7 and range at 8
Sounds like a DOD440, yes? Excellent pedal that sits somewhere on the outskirts of the envelopes. Not as overall musical as the MIII or Emma but it has a few very awesome and unique sounds.
actually an fx2b, i kept it out of my effects for a long time because i couldnt get as much wah out of it as i wanted without turning the sensitivity all the way up, which produced a really bad sound. but after that walkup/walkdown post about dancin i decided to try again and it works better once i got those settings down

#35031  by Laytonco
 Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:45 pm
I always heard, but cannot cite specifics, that when Bob and Jerry used Envelop filters, Jerrys had the "down tone" and Bobby's have the "up tone." I use the up tone anytime I use my Qtron and can get it to sound right on any of those tunes.

Peace,

Gil

#35050  by GratefulPat
 Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:07 pm
i also have the mini and you can get it but you gotta have the knobs diff for every tune, not just the flick of a switch

#40672  by CommonStranger
 Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:37 am
I use the Mini Q but I don't change the settings for different songs, rather the pick-up selections. Works for me.