Place for the rest of the music
 #3337  by Hoju

This is a song Jerry did for the "Zabriskie Point (1970)" soundtrack. It's a great instrumental piece, but I've never seen any reference to it on any guitar site. I'd be willing to pay for a good version of this.

#3380  by Shaggy

I've pretty much worked out how to play the bulk of it. If I have time one day I will do it on the tab creator and put it up on here. I managed to work out alot of it.

I did make another topic about the piece itself and the soundtrack album. As you'll be aware im sure, it's a strange piece that is a number of bits all edited together, and edited rather poorly in my opinion but Jerry, as ever, plays beautifully on it. So it's not really one complete piece that flows through so it would be hard to tab out, only certain parts then bunch them together.

#3461  by Hoju

Ya the film version is overlayed a little strange. Of the five separate improvisational tracks used I tend to enjoy the 3rd one the best.
What scale have you played it in?

#3492  by Shaggy

Okay, here is a little something to play with. It might not be correct or anything like how Jerry played it, but it?s me messing around through listening.

Based on the intro part:

E|-------------------------------|---------------------------------|-----
B|-----10--9--12-----10--14--12--|--10--9--12--7-----10--9--12--5--|-----
G|-------------------------------|---------------------------------|-----
D|--9-------------9--------------|----------------9----------------|-----
A|-------------------------------|---------------------------------|-----
E|-------------------------------|---------------------------------|-----

E|----------------------------------|-------------------------------14/16--|-----
B|----------------12-------------9--|------------9--10--12--12--12---------|-----
G|-----11/13--11------13--11--9-----|-----9--11----------------------------|-----
D|--9-------------------------------|--9-----------------------------------|-----
A|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------|-----
E|----------------------------------|--------------------------------------|-----

E|--14--12-----------------------|-----
B|----------14\12----------------|-----
G|-----------------13b11--9------|-----
D|---------------------------11--|-----
A|-------------------------------|-----
E|-------------------------------|-----