#33669  by High Peaks

If he's making a wolf replica, it would have to be a neck thru. If it isn't then its just a guitar that looks like Wolf, but has different tonal characteristics.

#33689  by jjbankhead

when they do neck thru is the neck actually glued in while the body is being glued together or does it get set later and is just not bolted on?

#33697  by strumminsix

jjbankhead wrote:when they do neck thru is the neck actually glued in while the body is being glued together or does it get set later and is just not bolted on?
There are 2 types that I am familiar with:
1 - from headstock to strap bolt behind the bridge is a single piece of wood and then the "top" & "bottom" are glued on later then guitar then gets a laminate on top so it looks uniform and voila.

2 - the entire guitar is carved from a single piece of wood.

#33811  by jjbankhead

strumminsix wrote:
jjbankhead wrote:when they do neck thru is the neck actually glued in while the body is being glued together or does it get set later and is just not bolted on?
There are 2 types that I am familiar with:
1 - from headstock to strap bolt behind the bridge is a single piece of wood and then the "top" & "bottom" are glued on later then guitar then gets a laminate on top so it looks uniform and voila.

2 - the entire guitar is carved from a single piece of wood.
thanks strummin

#34678  by paulinnc

Any more info on the wolves you are building cost, materials etc. I have found some wood dealers near me so I might try my hand at building one. How did you get the shape?

#34720  by warrenMFKNhaynes

jck_strw wrote:
pappypgh wrote:Okay, I'm confused - what IS TTIWWOP???? Or whatever you're typing? I've seen it like 3 times, now. Sorry, 'guess I'm a rookie. :x
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures
lol kind of a long way to go for an acronym

#34721  by strumminsix

warrenMFKNhaynes wrote:
jck_strw wrote:
pappypgh wrote:Okay, I'm confused - what IS TTIWWOP???? Or whatever you're typing? I've seen it like 3 times, now. Sorry, 'guess I'm a rookie. :x
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures
lol kind of a long way to go for an acronym
n00b.

:lol:
 #92678  by paulinnc

I just sawed the board for the top and bottom of my wolf in half. Now it is clamped between two pieces of plywood to flatten it out a bit, next to the lumber yard for some bookmatching.