#34255  by strumminsix

BuddhaG wrote: one of my favorite examples is in here comes sunshines in 73-74. when the mixes appropriately represent each instrument you can really see how awesome this band is.
Bravo! +1,000,000!!!

#34264  by CaptainTrips

Chuckles wrote:Gotta add the harmony lines in Cassidy to the list and the fills on Bertha.
Ive been playing some Bobby-esque Bertha fills and they are so much fun and just sound awesome.

#34267  by mkaufman

Sage & Spirit ain't too shabby.

mk

#34270  by IamDocWatson

halfsteps....74 halfsteps
ramble on rose..like europe 72ish full of bobby riffs

#34272  by d-v-s

IamDocWatson wrote:halfsteps....74 halfsteps
+1 on the 73-74 halfsteps. Dick's Picks Vol. 1 (12-19-73) was the first time I really heard bobby. He's up high in the mix on that one, and shining brightly.

great work by bobby on the half-step and WRS.
:smile:

#34280  by High Peaks

Sage & Spirit ain't too shabby.

mk

I always thought that it sounds like this song evolved into Lost Sailor!!!

Bobby was way out in front in the 90's. I think that was Jerry turning himself down though.

#34301  by old man down

CaptainTrips wrote:
Chuckles wrote:Gotta add the harmony lines in Cassidy to the list and the fills on Bertha.
Ive been playing some Bobby-esque Bertha fills and they are so much fun and just sound awesome.
CT, off of the Skulls and Roses on Bertha, do you have a handle on Bobby's fill for the lyric:

"I wondered if you cared." I have never been able to reproduce that one.

#34337  by st. stephen

I love his intro to Looks Like Rain....
beautiful chord work, nice tone. One of my favorite Bobby moments

#34343  by GratefulPat

bertha, definantly europe ramble on, must have been the roses, HC sunshine, and im kinda likin the 80s ship of fools stuff with the wah

#34344  by GratefulPat

and birdsong

#34356  by Pigpen

Yas Yaaas, Hard to Handle and Bird Song are great Bob fun to play anyway. More manageable for me anyway'

#34358  by zoppenheimer

The bobby mix is great in the GD movie sountrack.

#34359  by razmablues

i love strong bobby mixes in late 70's BEW's. 12-27-77 pops in my mind. he does such melodic progressions over jerry's progressions in that song.