Chat about Equipment Info
 #33958  by st. stephen

I saw that Ibanez guitar on ebay, right now it costs 261 bucks, it looks fucking great I think, a lot like Tiger, also the hardware is damn nice. It's neckthrough as well I believe...
That's kind of my dreamguitar, but there is no detailed description with it.
So what do you think about the quality of the guitar, is that worth the money, I think the cost will rise at maybe 500 to 600 dollars...I dunno, I'm young, I can't just spend that much money if I'm not sure with it.
help is much appreciated =), thanks in advice

#33961  by astroman99

Looks like a mid seventies ibanez, I have played a few in stores and they all are very nice, three or four or five hundred well worth it!!!

#33964  by High Peaks

Ibanez Mc model. I don't know teh model 250, 350, 500?? Depends on the active electronics i think!!!
Its a great guitar, and there is actually a picture floating around from the late 70's with Jerry playing one. Keystone show maybe??> Waldo would know for sure.

Its definitely a find, and i have been looking for a left handed model for years. Great find!!!!

It'll probably go for more than 500-600 though.

#33967  by b weird

Looks more like Wolf than Tiger. Not a bad looking guitar actually, the hardware could use a shining but not bad otherwise. I say go for it if it's a dream guitar than don't let it pass you by. Peace and Happy New Year!

#33968  by st. stephen

Did I say Tiger? Oh yes I did..... :?
Of course it looks like Wolf, which is really my favorite Jerry guitar

#33973  by bucketorain

looks like a great guitar...hopefully it plays well?

i'm going to bid on it too!!!

just kidding....

#33975  by wisedyes

An old friend of mine used to have one of those - that is a suh-weeet guitar! Nice neck feel ( not too thin and fast, got some heft to it ), good tones, not too heavy. As I remember it, a very, very nice guitar overall. Absolutely worth the current price ( actually it's a much better guitar than $260.00 ).

#33985  by st. stephen

i'm going to bid on it too!!!

just kidding....
=), the seller comes from Austria, I thought nobody of you would bid on it....haha
Happy New Year y'all

#33989  by Chuckles

It's an Ibanez Musician MC300NT (natural/blonde finish) from 77-79. It does not have the active electronics, but does have parallel/serial/single coil taps for each pup. I just got an MC400 a couple of months ago and love it. Makes my Tele Deluxe feel like a child's toy; the neck is just incredible.

It is fairly heavy, as it has a mahogany core (about the same weight as an LP). Also, if you are looking to swap out the pups like alot of people like to it requires some alteration, as the ones that Ibanez put on it (probably Super 88s on that model) are not connected to the guitar like standard DiMarzios or Duncans.

There is a fairly active international group of collectors you can find at http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/. They are always on the lookout for blondes, so this may appreciate pretty quickly, but it is a good deall for 500-700, but you may get a deal since it's in Austria.

It's a great axe... I say go for it!

#34014  by alcorelectric

The guitar is actually a mc350nt
It has ibanez 58s as pickups, not the best sounding in my opinion, but can easily be swapped for superIIs.
I believe it is an early eighties model.
It has a short scale of 24.75".
I just purchased a mc300ds.
It is one of the nicest sounding guitars ive heard.
You will not be dissapointed, especially if you swap the PUs
T

#34039  by Chuckles

alcorelectric wrote:The guitar is actually a mc350nt
It has ibanez 58s as pickups, not the best sounding in my opinion, but can easily be swapped for superIIs.
I believe it is an early eighties model.
It has a short scale of 24.75".
I just purchased a mc300ds.
It is one of the nicest sounding guitars ive heard.
You will not be dissapointed, especially if you swap the PUs
T
Right you are (why didn't I look at the pups??? :oops:). Which makes it an '81 or '82 I believe.

#34067  by st. stephen

Can I purchase that a guitar or a similar one today in stores? I looked up the Ibanez hp and fuck it, today they're selling ugly guitars only, except for a sweet Bobby like guitar and a few hollowbodies....
the rest is really ugly =(

#34141  by Chuckles

st. stephen wrote:Can I purchase that a guitar or a similar one today in stores? I looked up the Ibanez hp and fuck it, today they're selling ugly guitars only, except for a sweet Bobby like guitar and a few hollowbodies....
the rest is really ugly =(
Not new... they haven't made these in almost 30 years. Your best bet is ebay or the Ibanez collector's site. Maybe Craigslist if you get lucky.

Google up Ibanez Musician to learn more about the line. Pretty cool guitars.

#34168  by Mick

When I was looking at guitars last year, several people recommended Ibanez as a brand. As I recall, I played every model I could find for less than about $700 and didn't like any of them. Further discussions with local players revealed that you have to be willing to spend over $1000 to get a good Ibanez guitar, and that at that price level they are worth the money. For what it is worth, I didn't like any of the Fenders that were under $1000 either. I was left with the impression that if you want to keep the price level down, there were better brands to serve your needs, I don't mean that to take anything away from either manufacturer. Don't even get me started on Gibsons either.

As a result, I don't know anything about this particular guitar, but if the more knowledgable people tell me it is a really good guitar (and they apparently are telling you that), even $700 doesn't sound like too high a price for it.

#34169  by strumminsix

Agree with Mick.... Sadly $1000 is the about the Mark for quality gear. New that is.