#33805  by High Peaks

I will get the Bobby player in my band to post a pic. He has 1 of the Ibanez Cowboy reissues. Also he has Bobby's rig from the late 70's ( I think thats the era) Not only that, he plays extremely well also.

#33833  by strumminsix

Well here was one:

The one above got integrated with the Peavey ValVerb here along with the guitar and cabs:

Then realized I didn't care for the IVP and UE so I went for an earlier Weir sound:

That pretty much nails his early 70s tones. Then I add in some FX to carry me into the later 70s and I'm fairly well golden!

#33855  by willmusic

Thanks guys! I'm trying for the 70's Weir sound myself and with so many options, it can be a little overwhelming.

#33859  by Dozin

I bounce around rig to rig, guitar to guitar.

Image Image Image

#33863  by shakedown_04092

Hey Dozin, we should jam sometime being so close in proximity :smile:

Or at the very least get our 2 bands together and headline somewhere :cool:

#33871  by tigerstrat

willmusic wrote:I'm trying for the 70's Weir sound myself and with so many options, it can be a little overwhelming.
"70's" covers a lot of territory for Weir. There's 70-72 with a fairly basic Twin Reverb sound, 73-74 with some added use of phase and delay, 75 Musicman HD-130, 76-77 Mesa Boogie MkI, 78 Peavey + more effects, 79 IVP...
 #33911  by kenneybonz

Here we go. The Prankter's Bobby Rig...

Peace,

Gil

hi gil,, excuse the dumb question but what is the pepto pink ibanez box and what does it do?
tom

#33912  by Dozin

shakedown_04092 wrote:Hey Dozin, we should jam sometime being so close in proximity :smile:

Or at the very least get our 2 bands together and headline somewhere :cool:
Yes, I would like to do that sometime.
 #33924  by shakedown_04092

kenneybonz wrote:Here we go. The Prankter's Bobby Rig...

Peace,

Gil

hi gil,, excuse the dumb question but what is the pepto pink ibanez box and what does it do?
tom
I believe that's an Ibanez chorus pedal, perhaps the reissue?

This photo looks a little faded; I've seen them much more bright like Gil has: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=150341

#33926  by Dozin

It's a Keeley Modded Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay

#33928  by shakedown_04092

Dozin wrote:It's a Keeley Modded Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
Ah ha! You are correct sir! I didn't see that button on the stomp :?

#33937  by Laytonco

Ding ding ding! Dozin wins again. LOL. Yes, it's a Kealey modified Ibanez delay. It's a real nice delay, very think and fluid. Kealey mods it by adding a true bypass and an on/off button. But then, it has what I call the "peak pedal." When you hold down the square stomp thingy, the pedal goes nuts, all on its own making all kinds of weird trippy drippy sounds. When you let go, it stops. I dunno, it's wild. Fun stuff though.

Peace Gil