#32966  by chadwill

what program do you guys suggest I use to download bit-torrents? I have been using lime wire and it is painfully slow. It sometimes takes days and often I only get some of the file after a great amount of time has been invested. Any suggestions?

#32974  by prephippie

I use Azureus although I've heard it is a bit of a resource hog. I haven't noticed a big difference though.

#32975  by nicolasalk

i use and like utorrent

i also like azureus and used to use it, it worked me a little bit slower tha utorrent, but great client too

and bitcomet, mmm, i don't know, is good too, but i dont like it much

#32988  by b weird

Okay I just downloaded Utorrent now how do I download music? Can anyone explain this to me like I'm 3? Thanks.

#33000  by Rev_Roach

search for torrents at www.mininova.com or a variety of other torrent search websites. when you click to download the torrent file should already be associated with your client

#33080  by CaptainTrips

I agree with nicolasalk, utorrent is a great program. It uses so little system resources and it flies. I used to use azureus but like has been said above it really hogs the CPU making it harder for you to do other things when downloading. And a good sight for music is http://bt.etree.org/ :smile:

#33085  by navajo

used azureus for a long time then switched to utorrent. i used azureus because it gave me faster speeds at one point, but not anymore.

utorrent.
bt.etree.org
get on private trackers once you get the hang of it.

#33089  by nicolasalk

search for torrents in torrent pages, for example: bt.etree.org

download the .torrent file, save it anywhere

open the file with utorrent and select what do you want to download

the file must have seeders, which means, people who is uploading it, if not youre never going to finish it

#33111  by shakedown_04092

Limewire sucks and is loaded w/ shit that'll kill your computer. I'd suggest taking it off your computer all together.