#29174  by Hajimemashite!!!

sts9 and such appeal tho this jamband crowd because so much of it is people going to shows to get fucked up and shit. so constant music is more important that the actual music. HOWEVER of all this "livetronica" **shudders at the word** some is ok. sts9 is proably the worst except for p-groove which is only deemed "perpetual" because you feel like youve wasted your whole life listening to just one jam and it will never end.

particle was great when they still had charlie hitchcock on guitar. now eh. Bisco CAN BE very very good. i put emphasis on can be since they seem really inconsistent. one night will be 3 hours of untzed out wankery, then one night will be amazing.

lotus is pretty good, but still gets boring.

tea leaf is worst

the problem with tea leaf is that they emphasize their songs, which are all terrible. However i was at the riverview festival in chicago back at the end of august and we were standing over by the booths and me and my friend heard them and we were just like "whoa! never heard tea leaf play that good!" they were doing some cool jam that sounded spacy and sorta phish-esqe and it was really good. but a minute later it was over. they have potential, but they are bad.

umphreys brings the goods every night tho!

#29178  by gratephulphish123

the only electronica i can dig was daft punk and their amazing floating pyramid of joy. i would've liked to have seen em in person but they didnt come anywhere near here :( . but daft punk isnt something i'd wanna see every night, and the other electronica is terrible.

my question is when phil and bobby are gone who the hell am i gonna see :-?

i hope this electronica bullshit bites the bullet sometime soon and the scene can go back to it's roots of some good ol acid soaked bluegrass.

#33076  by jjbankhead

JackORoses wrote:
jjbankhead wrote:well i for one like UM a lot. I don't know why so many people on this board are so down on them, while you may not appreciate their style, their musical ability and creativity are more abundant than any of the "up and coming" artists i have heard of late.
go see ryan adams and the caridnals please

http://www.archive.org/details/ryanadam ... 24..flac16

http://www.archive.org/details/ryanadam ... sbd.flac16
i have heard ryan adams studio stuff, saw some of him on on demand, wasn't all that impressed. he's good but not my cup of tea.

he kind of came off a bit pretentious to me. but that is just my opinion,

that's what i like about UM they are easy going having fun while we are playing guys. i felt the energy when i have seen them

i agree with the guy who stated i am not looking to fill any void.

i am just looking to hear something new something fresh and feel good about what i am hearing.

i don't want another GD or PHISH, i just want to enjoy what i am hearing.

#33105  by BuddhaG

a couple of bands I have come across that I don't think have been mentioned in this thread are:

Jimmy Swift Band - they have been around for a while, possibly coined the term "jamtronica". i saw these guys at a small bar in montreal and they were ripping it up. basically a drummer, bass (6 string awesomeness), guitarist/vocalist, and a guy on synth who puts in crazy electronic effects and plays keys.
they do some interesting stuff with tempo changes and the music is tight and focused yet fairly loose.
the bassist provides some heavy duty pulses. uses his 6 string totally differetn from Lesh but still good.

The Breakfast - these guys are from Connecticut and have been touring around the NE for a while and have ventured out to Cali, Colorado. The lineup has changed a few times but they are still rocking. The guitarist can really shred and he builds some nice crescendos between him and the drummer. They recently added a keys player who is pretty good. TB play a good mix of dead, doors, zeppelin, p-funk, etc. covers and have some nice instrumentals and singing songs. Mike Gordon sat in with them for a "I Will Survive" on halloween after they covered all of Lawn Boy in the first part of the show. Their bass player is leaving after New Years so check em out if you get a chance.

both of these bands are highly recommended. don't think either of them are going to fill any void but they are definitely two interesting bands to see out.

#33108  by BuddhaG

a couple of bands I have come across that I don't think have been mentioned in this thread are:

Jimmy Swift Band - they have been around for a while, possibly coined the term "jamtronica". i saw these guys at a small bar in montreal and they were ripping it up. basically a drummer, bass (6 string awesomeness), guitarist/vocalist, and a guy on synth who puts in crazy electronic effects and plays keys.
they do some interesting stuff with tempo changes and the music is tight and focused yet fairly loose.
the bassist provides some heavy duty pulses. uses his 6 string totally differetn from Lesh but still good.

The Breakfast - these guys are from Connecticut and have been touring around the NE for a while and have ventured out to Cali, Colorado. The lineup has changed a few times but they are still rocking. The guitarist can really shred and he builds some nice crescendos between him and the drummer. They recently added a keys player who is pretty good. TB play a good mix of dead, doors, zeppelin, p-funk, etc. covers and have some nice instrumentals and singing songs. Mike Gordon sat in with them for a "I Will Survive" on halloween after they covered all of Lawn Boy in the first part of the show. Their bass player is leaving after New Years so check em out if you get a chance.

both of these bands are highly recommended. don't think either of them are going to fill any void but they are definitely two interesting bands to see out.

#33522  by jjbankhead

FairTheeWell wrote:These guys on there way to fill the void...

http://www.jambase.com/Artists/Artist.a ... 5&a=Hanson

Tiger Strat.....did you turns the lights back on or am I missing something.....please turn them off!!!
do they still play um bop, or is that out because their berries dropped?
 #33661  by devoarlo9

Papadosio is a great young band from ohio, who is just starting to realize what they can really do. Donna the Buffalo has been around for a while and is still incredible. The Sim Redmond Band is also really fun. And I definetly agree that Railroad Earth has really tapped into something powerful.

#33684  by dahmbomb

If you set the bar at Jerry you are setting yourself up for dissapointment.

#33685  by dahmbomb

If you set the bar at Jerry you are setting yourself up for dissapointment.