#32693  by I'm on the Bozo Bus

No doubt a SWEET guitar.

Pretty unique... The '77 with scrolled headstock and the "Vine of Life" going up the neck.... Very nice.

I have a '78 no vines though.. I paid $1200 for mine new.
The seller has a really good rating. I don't know... I am leary of purchasing something for that much jack with-out playing.

Ever make it to Wisconsin?

If I had a chance to play it, I would drop the cash for it. Sight unseen...? I don't think I could do it. But that's me...
PEACE,
Phil

#32694  by SpaceYrface43

thanks for the reply man it helps

#32702  by Chuckles

I wouldn't touch anything for that kind of money that wasn't 100% original and without blemishes.

For comparison, another one (an '80) just sold on the 9th for $1594.

#32713  by strumminsix

I wouldn't touch that guitar.

Replaced knobs, pots, tuners.

It was set-up for a lefty at some point (look at the strap button now removed from the bottom horn).

Plus the Weir Ibanez from that era had an EQ.

#32714  by Chuckles

Nice spot on the lefty mod!

Active EQ... on the 2681??? I know the "Cowboy Fancy" had the preamp & EQ that you can find on the Artists and higher-end Musicians.

Just sayin'
:-)

#32716  by strumminsix

Chuckles wrote:Nice spot on the lefty mod!

Active EQ... on the 2681??? I know the "Cowboy Fancy" had the preamp & EQ that you can find on the Artists and higher-end Musicians.

Just sayin'
:-)
Thanks. It's something I always look for with vintage gear since you know the nut is gonna need some work and I wonder about who did it and what impact it may have...

Can't say an active EQ o nthe 2681 I was speaking of other Artist models.
 #32719  by Scott Bardolf

Spaceyourface43,

What's up man? I own a '77 2681, same guitar except mine is in much better condition! You can see it and hear it in action at www.halfstepgd.com I'm playing it in the videos. Check it out. I'm selling mine for a few hundred more. Get back to me, Scott