#3159  by strumminsix

A: Not for shooting a man, but for stealing a horse. "I PICKED a good one" note, he didn't get on his horse. "Horse wrustling" would get you hanged or killed quicker than killing another man. Back then stealing a horse was always death and killing another man might not even get you charged if you were just.
 #56862  by NashvilleMike

I know you have been waiting 3 years and a month for a response so here goes...

That is ridiculous saying that he was actually shot for stealing a horse. He ran and stole the horse because he shot a man in cold blood due to his drunken feelings of jealousy over wicked Felina the girl that he loved.
 #56872  by strumminsix

NashvilleMike wrote:I know you have been waiting 3 years and a month for a response so here goes...

That is ridiculous saying that he was actually shot for stealing a horse. He ran and stole the horse because he shot a man in cold blood due to his drunken feelings of jealousy over wicked Felina the girl that he loved.
Oh I havent' been waiting. It was just a post for the hell of it in this forum

But there is nothing ridiculous about it. Horse thieves were shot or hanged in groups.

There was not "cold blooded murder". It was a challenge ("my challenge was answered in less than a heartbeat").
In the west that was often overlooked or handled by the sheriff.
 #56878  by strumminsix

astroman99 wrote:If it was a challenge, I know the song says it is , why did the dude run, he should have just gathered witnesses,filed a deposition, and married the broad :?
Because he was, "Shocked by the FOUL EVIL deed I had done."
He was not immediately taken down. He could have been "Just for a moment I stood there in silence"
He obviously wasn't thinking clearly "Many thoughts raced through my mind as I stood there; I had but one chance and that was to run."
 #56884  by astroman99

So basically the dude was like 1/2 bad, if he was all bad he would've just hung out and had a drink with Filena, he wasn't all good either 'cause if he was he wouldn't have challenged the cowboy(stranger) to begin with. Women :? :?
 #56885  by strumminsix

astroman99 wrote:So basically the dude was like 1/2 bad, if he was all bad he would've just hung out and had a drink with Filena, he wasn't all good either 'cause if he was he wouldn't have challenged the cowboy(stranger) to begin with. Women :? :?
IMO he was a good man who was crazy in love with an evil woman. That crazy love caused him to do something out of character. In his "moment" of shock he snapped back and realized what he had done and left. Why he left is open to interpretation but I think it's a combination of: fear of what his love for her made him do and he couldn't be under that spell, fear of retribution, and maybe just flat out a freak-out!

I also assume that the protagonist was young & naive....
 #56892  by tigerstrat

Wait, wait ,wait... Felina is evil? All she did was have a drink with the (dead, handsome)guy. Allegedly.
 #56898  by strumminsix

tigerstrat wrote:Wait, wait ,wait... Felina is evil? All she did was have a drink with the (dead, handsome)guy. Allegedly.
Evil AND wicked

[michael scott]That's what he said[/michael scott]
Marty Robbins wrote:Blacker than night were the eyes of Felina, wicked and evil while casting a spell.
 #56899  by astroman99

tigerstrat wrote:Wait, wait ,wait... Felina is evil? All she did was have a drink with the (dead, handsome)guy. Allegedly.
Ts , I guess we will have to throw you out of the heman woman haters club :smile:
 #56900  by strumminsix

astroman99 wrote:Ts , I guess we will have to throw you out of the heman woman haters club :smile:
No, no, no that's not what this is. This club just realizes the simple fact: women are inherently evil (except our mothers. And wives/girlfriends but only while they are either giving birth, breast feeding or watching kidz while we gig)
 #56901  by ebick

strumminsix wrote:There was not "cold blooded murder". It was a challenge ("my challenge was answered in less than a heartbeat").
In the west that was often overlooked or handled by the sheriff.
Don't know that it was the sheriff that picked him off in the end......

"Back in El Paso, my life would be worthless"
"Off to my right I see five mounted cowboys, off to my left ride a dozen or more"

I don't think it was the sheriff.....I think it was his homies.
 #56903  by tigerstrat

Is this the John Ford old west, or the Sergio Leone old west (Spain), the Clint Eastwood old west... or the Michael Landon old west?