#31331  by revned_04

So a couple of years ago my dad gave me a mix cd of grateful dead, mostly studio cuts, but it had one ripping version of knockin' on heavens door. For some reason its labeled on my computer as 3-21-84 Keystone, Berkley, CA, but when i tried to find the rest of the show, there was none listed on dead base, or anywhere else. Its real good quality with amazing keys but other than that I dont know when it is or where really. Starting to listen to the dead more and want to complete this show just judging on how bomb this song is. Please help.

#31333  by prephippie

It was a JGB show.

http://www.thejerrysite.com/Performance ... =id&id=959
3-21-1984 Keystone, Berkeley, CA

Set 1 (58 minutes)
Cats Under The Stars
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
That's What Love Will Make You Do
Gomorrah
Run For The Roses >
Tangled Up In Blue
Set 2 (28 minutes)
Harder They Come
When I Paint My Masterpiece
Dear Prudence
Reuben And Cherise
Midnight Moonlight

Notes
Tape contains the entire show except Harder They Come and When I Paint My Masterpiece.
Recordings in Circulation
86 SBD : MSC>DAT

#31335  by revned_04

do u know who was playing keys at this time for him, cause theyre really rocking

#31347  by warrenMFKNhaynes

Melvin Seals

great organ player

did they do the reage thing for the chorus
 #46110  by mgoshey

but it sounds great...
 #101967  by willmusic

willmusic wrote:
Phil Lesh101 wrote:Wasnt Melvin Seals Always the organ player for Garcia"? :shock:
Nicky Hopkins, James Booker, Ozzie Ahlers, and Kieth Godchaux. Don't think I'm forgetting anyone?
My wife just reminded me about Jimmy Warren but he never played in the band without another keyboardist did he? She says he did but I don't know.