#31152  by strumminsix

Love it! Dude, your voice is vintage folky!
Nice bass notes on guitar! Well done!

#31154  by Candyman421

wow wasnt expecting that response, i appreciate it man a lot

#31165  by shakedown_04092

I second that! Man, sounds like you recorded this in 1941 or something, and I mean that in a good way! It really makes the song come through the way it's meant to (I think), and is very raw - don't hear that too often nowadays. Good work. And you do have a nice voice, so I'd keep on going down that road, see what else you may find.

Kick ass man! :cool: :smile:

#31186  by spacehead333

just listened to the mysoace thing, and i really liked that song, has like a folky sound to it, i really enjoyed it.!

#31188  by Shaggy

I like what I heard very much. :-)

Keep writing and enjoy it. Good luck...

#31197  by Candyman421

i dont know if this is some kind of mean joke, but ive never been told i have a good voice, and i have been a closet player for some time now, but honestly just these few responses has given a lot more confidence in my playing and more importantly my singing, so i appreciate the responses very much THANKS

#31201  by nicolasalk

i liked it a lot, but i think is too repetitive, like i know you rideer or GDTRFB, all the time the same, im not saying is bad, but i would love a bridge like the one in brow eyed women: Tumble down shack in Big Foot county..., im not saying just like that, but a sweet bridge and then go back to the normal tune again

That would be great, for me

Just my opinion

anyway, a simple, but great song, loved it

#31202  by strumminsix

I was 100% sincere. Maybe you fall under the category that many players I know fall under... They have a great voice for their music where there is sincerity and passion under it but can't, yet, get that for others' music.

#31203  by shakedown_04092

Candyman421 wrote:i dont know if this is some kind of mean joke, but ive never been told i have a good voice, and i have been a closet player for some time now, but honestly just these few responses has given a lot more confidence in my playing and more importantly my singing, so i appreciate the responses very much THANKS
I don't think we'd take kindly to folks like that. It's good, and you have a nice voice. Fit sthe acoustic well, very folky and old-timey. I like it a lot.

#31205  by Candyman421

Strummin said:
I was 100% sincere. Maybe you fall under the category that many players I know fall under... They have a great voice for their music where there is sincerity and passion under it but can't, yet, get that for others' music.

WOW! i couldnt have said that any better, i couldnt agree more with that, i think when i play out of my element i.e. phish, the songs dont come through the way they were meant to, but when i play songs like the boxer by paul simon, or dont think twice, they come off genuine and it doesnt seem like im forcin it. Neways thanks again and i will definitely continue to practice,

#31212  by Rev_Roach

sounds good. the sound of the recording does sound real old, but in a good way, kind like Mississippi John Hurt. sorry about the previous comment, looked a lot like GDTRFB on paper but now hearing it i can tell theres very little in common. cool song, great fingerpicking pattern you got

#31220  by bobbybobbob

I dig it!! very nice sounding. i really like that old folk twang you got going on in there. very sincere.

#31225  by krazyfingers

Somebody listens to Dylan, wow dude thats real raw, i loved it, sounds like very old folky stuff, I was a little skeptical after all these good comments but thats the real deal, post some more shit up their :cool: :cool: :smile:

#31248  by Django

Unfortunately I get blocked going to myspace or youtube here at the grind, I wish I could hear it.
A little off subject, but there is often a little sense of abashment when someone says that there is a murder or the like in their song. There is a new box set I saw reviewed in the NY Times called something like 'Murder and Mayham - late 1800s to the 1930s.'(wrong title I'm sure) about these same elements. Sounds like an interesting set.

#31352  by Candyman421

thank you all very much, nicola: i know the song is very repetetive and basic, my song writing skills are pretty weak and definitely needs a little umph to it, but i will continue to write, practice, practice and practice. thanks for listening all