#3008  by Kenny

Whew alot of animosity.

First let me point out that I am a female. Adrianna
is a latin female name. Secondly I find it odd to
see such ill will. Editing posts on a message board is
commonplace. If they are so insignificant why seek them out again. If kenny is insane, has bad eyes,
significant problems and as ed bick refers as much
weak and young I welcome Mr.Bick and others that feel
the same to take him on physically.

A little sparring never hurt anyone and if he is so
weak and not there mentally the task should be an vvery easy one. He will be returning to Chicago for
a short time in a few weeks and this would be an
excellent opportunity to stage such an event.
Anyone in the Chicagoland area or otherwise are welcome to attend. I feel if a man calls another
weak he should back it up. No excuses, or
ways out, be a man about it.

I respect kenny and I feel leaving messages on a board
where animosity is obviously present seems foolish just to let anyone attack without a proper retalitation.

So let's see if your man enough. Again no excuses.
I am extremely looking forward to seeing you back up
what you say. Ya slam people you should be able to
back it up.

As for me I have a masters in music and though i
was originally taught by kenny I will ask spilly a
few simple guitar questions since he is so greatly
advanced why not it should be fun!

1. What are the notes to the blues whole tone scale?

2. What are the notes to the blues diminished scale?

3. Traditional blues song endings commonly end
with a flat blank and a then blank?

4. What is the key of Niccolo Pagganini's fifth caprice traditionally played in?

I imagined kenny helped alot of people on here but many have very hard feelings which is easy to see.

Frankly, I don't see a reason but it only reinforces
the idea of editing posts I would imagine.

There is a whole lot of people he helped behind the
scenes but individuals leaving messages about sick
disgusting things and claiming they know addresses
which they confirmed seems a bit much for me as it was
my address and I never posted or have an obligation
to this site in anyway.

Hey ebick if he is a little boy who runs home then
take him on! Be a man already!

I know you will back down.

I know it!

#3009  by jck_strw

Is there a moderator in the house? Please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Back in the day we used to call this type of post trolling. :) My response was always:

Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olypmics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Thanks, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

#3011  by Kenny

Ho hum

Asking someone to back up what they say is offensive?

I guess ebick will use any excuse so I'm not surprised.

What a very weak wimp.

#3012  by Kenny

I will call kenny tonight and tell him of the
arrangements.

Please no more sad excuses of any kind, just back it
up please.

That's not to much to ask is it?

#3014  by phpbb

wow - note phpbb is not mr bick.

ps - I love to edit my posts, but what I am trying to say is that this type of post is entirely unacceptable on this site:
Kenny wrote: I welcome Mr.Bick and others that feel
the same to take him on physically
And, as of January 5, 2006 is illegal, not to mention the exact type of posts that got the philzone.com boards taken down.
Last edited by phpbb on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

#3015  by ebick

Wow. Where do I start with this?
Kenny wrote:Whew alot of animosity.
I have no animosity towards Kenny.......or you dear.
Kenny wrote:Editing posts on a message board is
commonplace. If they are so insignificant why seek them out again.
Editing is one thing. Completely removing them is something entirely different. And I'm not aware of anyone saying that they were "insignificant". If that is what the folks here thought than no one would have cared when he removed them. In fact, the majority folks, including myself, think quite well of Kenny and found his posts useful. If an individual or two did say that they were insignificant, well, they are entitled to their opinion.
Kenny wrote:If kenny is insane, has bad eyes,
significant problems and as ed bick refers as much
weak and young I welcome Mr.Bick and others that feel
the same to take him on physically.
This is so evident of misinterpretation that that is the only response it deserves.

Take care.

#3017  by Kenny

Now I did ask very nicely to refrain from excuses.

You said he has issues and he's weak and you refer
to "someone" being an adult.

I see no reason not to back up what your saying.

If he is all of those things I imagine it would be
quite easy.
I think the opportunity should be given to prove
otherwise.

Please don't make an excuse just give him the
opportunity.

Not very much to ask I think.

It can be easily accomplished.

#3023  by mikeohiostate

this is redundent....

hippies dont fight.

#3024  by spilly

Adrianna,

unfortunatly the general bliss that comes with ignorance has passed me by, the upshot of which is that I know a loaded set of questions when I see one.

If I don't answer at all I'm a coward, If I answer wrong I'm full of shit, If I answer correctly you could easily say that i looked it up online right quick as i am currently sitting infront of a connected termanal.

nice try, but I grew up with an Irish-catholic female. loaded questions is something I'm all too familiar with and i know a trap (at least most traps) when I see one.

I will say this, you seem to have taken alot from my post that simply isn't there

your proposed violence is both imature and uncivilized

we're peacefull people, not barbarians

I think you missed the point that 99% of the people on this site, myself incuded, have great respect for Kenny. however, when people become upset they tend to bitch about stuff.

unfortunatly in most cases text fails to convey the actual tone and intent of the the message.
being misread has gotten alot of people in alot of trouble over the years.

I think it would be wise not to step on toes in Kennys name, you can defend him all you want, in fact I encourage you too. But pissing people off in somebody elses name is never a good idea, that's a good way to lose friends if your not terribly carefull.

But then again, what the hell do I know, I;m just some dumb-shit from Buffalo. I guess the only area in life in which I'm experienced is how to pass time in a shitload of snow.

Peace, Love, and Respect.
Spilly McGee

#3025  by jck_strw

#3032  by amyjared

This is a rather interesting post to read and re-read. I am relatively new to this forum and had only read a few of "kenny's" posts, and some where even answers to my questions (Why did Ryan Adams bag on Phil being the first I posted). I thought his answers where well thought out and though long, rather to the point. I have no idea whatsoever caused him such heartache concerning this forum, but I am curious when someone just takes all their posts and leaves without putting up any sort of avenue for discourse or communication to right any wrongs. It smacks of my brother getting mad and running home with his ball when we all wanted to play, but it was his ball, so he took it and we were left without a way to play. That being said, I re-read ebick's posts and saw absolutely no animosity or anger or anything like that toward "kenny" or "adrianna". And yet "adrianna" picked up on it, so I can't discount it, it must have been perceived as such. Adrianna, can you help me see it so I may be of service as an uninterested third party who is not taking sides? Just thought I might try to be helpful. Remember what the Buddah said: "I have no use for your abuse. You may have it back." Namaste, -amyjared

#3034  by mutant_dan

When I first read the response, I thought Adrianna was challenging someone to a good ol' fashion guitar hot licks type challenge.

Now if it were a vocal challenge, I kill. Literally. Cover your ears.
 #3038  by strumminsix

amyjared wrote:It smacks of...
Wow, an old favorite expression that I haven't heard in ages.

On a tangential note, the first 'Kenny edited' thread I read was one in which people were talking about compression effects for guitar. Well, we all know he replaced his posts with "Red". But ironically, that was also a very common comp over the years and that's what I thought he was talking about!

#3125  by qiuniu

Kenny if you read this come back. What you were building for the future of deadheads-yet-to-be was amazing and should be continued.

I thought this site was about the music that plays the band.

There are neggy people everywhere you go, even heads.

Don't waste your time thinking about the negative thoughts that other people have, it just takes time away from music.

Neggy people: stop thinking negatively your wasting valuable time you could be thinking about music.

#3138  by tj

my name is t.j. what's up everybody. i stumbled across this site last year looking for grateful dead tabs. i've been learning the guitar for a few years now but i'm still a beginner. i came across kenny's patterns to success and have just been amazed. it's so awesome, in a couple of hours i'd leaned more than i had in a couple of years.
anyway, i came here again tonight to try and learn some more, and got the "red" message.
so i just wanted to say thank you. thanks kenny for what you've taught me already, and thanks to everyone else that has something to do w/ running this thing.
it's much appreciated.

t.j. :smile: