Chat about Equipment Info
 #29838  by hotasaPistol

Simple question...
My tuning pegs have a little play in them when I am tuning my guitar and trying to get it just right on the electronic tuner...you know the spot where it is not flat or sharp and the light is just right...
can I adjust the pegs....do I need to take them to someone to adjust or do I need to replace them...
I have a PRS with locking tuners so I believe they are a decent quality....only thing I don't love about this guitar....
thanks as usual for all the people doing the hard work and helping me out
Pistol :smile:

#30763  by I'm on the Bozo Bus

Sorry Pistol,
No help here, I would think however that on a PRS, those tuners should be superior quality. But what do I know. Very good tuners can be purchased and are pretty simple to replace, match the screw holes, perhaps even change the gear ratio to make it more of "fine tune".
I hadan old LP at one point in time and on the bridge, I replaced the tailpiece with fine tuners... Worked quite well however my play style tended to hit the tuners and wack me out of tune.
FWIW...
PEACE,
Phil

#30768  by astroman99

I don't think it is the tuners, I think the string catches in the nut , and then slips, I would recommend putting some graphite under the strings in the nut, easilty done with a pencil tip.