#29254  by amyjared

Bill,
Love the video! I play the exact same riff you do except I do it starting on the second fret, one string down. Try it and you'll see it's the same!
Can you please (pretty please) tab out the riff during the bridge right after you go to the B ("Don't you cry...") It's sweet and one of the only parts I'm missing (aside from your excellent leads!)
Thanks for the vid's! Keep 'em coming!

#29266  by bucketorain

fantastic! i can't wait to work on it again...thanks for the inspiration!!

Just to confirm, this is in the key of E correct?

#29269  by Billbbill

bucketorain wrote:fantastic! i can't wait to work on it again...thanks for the inspiration!!

Just to confirm, this is in the key of E correct?
I've stopped trying to figure out keys! I'm usually wrong.

I play the notes of E mixolydian.
amyjared wrote:Bill,
Love the video! I play the exact same riff you do except I do it starting on the second fret, one string down. Try it and you'll see it's the same!
Yea, I play it there as well. Also starting on the B note on the 7th fret of the E string and then playing the rest on the 4th, 5th, and 7th frets of the A & D strings. I bounce it around a bit.

amyjared wrote:Can you please (pretty please) tab out the riff during the bridge right after you go to the B ("Don't you cry...") It's sweet and one of the only parts I'm missing (aside from your excellent leads!)
I'll try to get this done. You know, it's weird tabbing your own stuff. It's like I'm tabbing somebody elses. You'd figure I got a leg up being that I played the damn thing but that doesn't seem to matter much.
oconnors_35 wrote:Can you tab out the whole video?
...just kidding!
Sounds great!
Sean
Funny guy!
:P

#29270  by BlobWeird

Can you please (pretty please) tab out the riff during the bridge right after you go to the B ("Don't you cry...") It's sweet and one of the only parts I'm missing (aside from your excellent leads!)
I dont have a guitar in hand but I can pretty much show you the notes in that lick. Its along the lines of this area with some slides in between:

EDIT: Think I got it now. Still no guitar but it seems to be about right.

E|----------------------------------------
B|----------------------------------------
G|---------------------------------4v-----
D|---------------4-----4--6--4------------
A|-------2--4/6-----6-----------6---------
E|--2h4-----------------------------------

#29273  by GratefulPat

your solos are sick..... gooooood work :cool:

#29300  by Billbbill

(/) Slide Up () Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|---------------------------------
B|---------------------------------
G|---------------------------4-----
D|---------------4--6--4-----------
A|-------2--4/6-----------6--------
E|--2h4----------------------------

E|-------------------------------------
B|-------------------------------------
G|-------------------------------------
D|---------------4--6p5p4--------------
A|-------2--4/6------------6p5p4\2-----
E|--2h4--------------------------------
http://www.guitartabcreator.com

Hey Gregg,
I'm starting to get the hang of this tab creater deal!

#29308  by jck_strw

Another stellar effort from Bill. You hit that high note pretty well too. I'm impressed.

Are you playing the intro as tabbed on the site here (the alternate E intro)? If I ever get some free time again, I'm going to work on this and your Dire Wolf.

#29320  by Billbbill

jck_strw wrote:Another stellar effort from Bill. You hit that high note pretty well too. I'm impressed.

Are you playing the intro as tabbed on the site here (the alternate E intro)? If I ever get some free time again, I'm going to work on this and your Dire Wolf.
Thanks Jack - thank god for falsetto 8)

Yea same as the tab in E w/ the (7) though obviously different positioning.

#29371  by amyjared

(/) Slide Up () Slide Down (h) Hammer On (p) Pull Off (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|---------------------------------
B|---------------------------------
G|---------------------------4-----
D|---------------4--6--4-----------
A|-------2--4/6-----------6--------
E|--2h4----------------------------

E|-------------------------------------
B|-------------------------------------
G|-------------------------------------
D|---------------4--6p5p4--------------
A|-------2--4/6------------6p5p4\2-----
E|--2h4--------------------------------
http://www.guitartabcreator.com

Hey Gregg,
I'm starting to get the hang of this tab creater deal!
many thanks!! :-)

#29377  by Billbbill

btw - a slight glitch in 'tab creator' () Slide down of course should be (\) Slide down.

For the record I always wing this portion (that amyjared is asking about) with B major pentatonic and maybe some chromo's with an eye toward the upcoming A chord.
 #29387  by 1960strat

Another great vid by you Bill. I love the jam in the middle, reminds me of the dead ahead msg acoustic version where jer and bobby jam out. I would love to learn the bobby part for the next time we jam.

You inspired me to attempt singing and recording. Check it out and tell me what you think.

myspace.com/davidfixband

I hate my recorder, for some reason the levels come out really low on it. It is a boss 1180cd, and i thought it was going to be great for recording but i am finding it muddy and sucky.. What do you use to record?

#29390  by jackr

Great job Bill!!!

How much of that jam in the middle was scripted? Or was it just off the cuff?