#28822  by shakedown_04092

spacehead333 wrote:Shakedown that was beutiful, brought a tear to my eye
Gee, thanks DK. :lol:

#28828  by GratefulPat

i fully agree on jerry is and was and always will be the best and NO ONE will ever sing a song better than him

#28848  by WeCanSharetheWiiine

Keller Williams! A one man jamband who does some grate dead covers very creatively...

#28871  by spacehead333

Shakedown, that DK wouldn't be refferening to debrah koons, would it? lol

#28874  by Hajimemashite!!!

JackORoses wrote:
Hajimemashite!!! wrote:UMPHREY'S IS GOD
send me to hell then if umphrey's is god , these are guys are the biggest no talent hacks ive heard in my life
please remove your head from your ass and try again

#28947  by spacehead333

keller gets old after one show, if you have seen him once, you've seen him evry time

#29000  by revned_04

keller has some decent live shows on archive but whenever i see him he just doesnt blow me away. It isnt a bad show just not a great show.

#29001  by Candyman1984

Keller Williams and Umphrey's McGee? What? Come on man, be reasonable. Keller isn't worth a damn unless he is playing with somebody else, and umphrey's are a bunch of chumps, skilled musicians, but chumps, and boring. Also, i am am in agreement, that there is really no void to be filled. However, if you are interested in really good music my suggestion is go local, or at least look up these two bands-

Jony James Blues Band (Buffalo, NY)
The Jake Loggins Band (Co. Springs, Co.)

Both bands throw it down harder than any band i saw on tour this summer, even bobby. Anyway one should definately check out Jony James-his live stuff is incredible-the only man who can cover Jimi and have it be worth it.

#29080  by tigerstrat

Hajimemashite!!! wrote:why is umphreys chumps?
heh, Chumpfreys :lol:

Anyone have the scoop on the origin of their name? I'm a McGee/Magee/MacGregor descendant myself.

#29088  by JackORoses

Hajimemashite!!! wrote:
JackORoses wrote:
Hajimemashite!!! wrote:UMPHREY'S IS GOD
send me to hell then if umphrey's is god , these are guys are the biggest no talent hacks ive heard in my life
please remove your head from your ass and try again

ill get my head out of my ass as soon as you take your ear plugs out and listen to umphreys

#29089  by JackORoses

tigerstrat wrote:

Anyone have the scoop on the origin of their name? I'm a McGee/Magee/MacGregor descendant myself.
its the name of one of the guys in the bands like second uncle in like alabama

#29095  by tigerstrat

JackORoses wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:

its the name of one of the guys in the bands like second uncle in like alabama
Too funny, we are almost certainly related. I'll have to research it.

#29106  by GratefulPat

umphreys is not too good, i must agree. ive seen way to many of there shows every year at summerfest, or atleast cruised by for a tune or two...... they have some alright stuff going for them but by no means woulld i include them in the good music scene

#29123  by AugustWest

I don't care much for umphrey's or cheese after about 98. Never big with panic either. I liked phish before the hiatus, but the worst shows I ever saw were phish in 03. I can't stand seeing keller shows but I do enjoy his dead covers and think he is super talented. Just not my cup of tea. I use to love to see "the recepie" and "donna and the buffalo" but those bands have either stopped touring altogether or have had changes in the line up I don't really dig. Always love seeing david nelson or del mecroy. sam bush is great as long as I don't have to pay 25 bucks to see him.

Right now Railroad earth and ratdog are the only bands I'll travel more than an hour to see. I always have fun at yonder as well and I'll go see gov't mule whenever they are around but more often than not I'm pretty dissappionted at the end of mule shows. (a couple of exceptions there) I like any band that I can see for under 15 bucks. (wailers, cosmic charlie, local bands, ect.) And I can not stand any of the new "jam" bands that is just techno trance stuff like (particle, sts9, new cheese, p-groove, lotus, ect.)

Personaly I think the "scene" is getting better since phish disbanded and there isn't "one" group to go see. The shows don't seem quite as shady as they did 5 or 6 years ago. Maybe becuase the gate crashers and drug dealers aren't together in one group following the same band around the country. I've heard that panic has started to pick up most of phish's and the late dead's "bad crowd" but since I don't go to their shows I wouldn't really know. As long as people are having a good time and not messing with people I'm cool.