rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #28585  by ronster
 Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:08 pm
As requested by ker1277, I indicated the runs/fills between the chords. I only indicate the tab for the chord shape once, see ebicks tab and bills video for how often to play each chord. The first section is for the first, second, and last verse. The second section is for the third and forth verses. The second verse is a little diiferent as it has a C run down to Am in place of the typical G F. Anyway I hope this helps.
Code: Select all
In the timbers of ..                                                           …murder me
      G        Bb    F                       G    F        C        F     G  F          C
E|------3----------------------1---------------3--1----------0---------1--3--1----------0
B|------0---------3------------1---------------0--1----------1---------1--0--1----------1
G|------0---------3------------2---------------0--2----------0---------2--0--2----------0
D|----------------3--3------0--3--3--2--0---------3-------------0-2-3--------3-----------
A|2-0-------0--1--------0h3----------------3---------0--2--3--------------------0--2--3--
E|----3---3----------------------------------3-------------------------------------------

   When  I  awoke                                   come on in
             Am     G  C  Bb F                          G     F        G           C   E7
E|---------------0--3--0------------------1----------------3--1----------3-----------0---
B|---------------1--0--1--3---------------1----------------0--1----------0-----------1--3
G|---------------2--0--0--3---------------2----------------0--2----------0-----------0--1
D|---------------2--------3--3-----0--3---3--3--2--0----------3-------------------------2
A|3--3--2--1--0--------3-------0h3--------------------3----------3--0--------0--2--3-----
E|-------------------------------------------------------3-------------3-----------------
                       murder me
   Am       G      F           C   
E|--0-----------3--1-----------0--
B|--1-----------0--1-----------1--
G|--2--------0--0--2-----------0--
D|--2--2--3--------3--------------
A|--------------------0--2--3-----
E|--------------------------------

 #28590  by ronster
 Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:51 pm
Finally, what a pain in my assholes. Anyway to make the preview window the same width as the actual window? :?
It is very difficult to edit tab to fit in a window if you overun it. You can not cut and paste or condense fonts. Any guidance on how much tab will fit?

 #28592  by DireWuff
 Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:49 pm
Nice video, I can appreciate the work,and heart put into the song.

 #28599  by d-v-s
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:50 am
steve wrote:good job bill! i really like the video

everything sounds good. if you end up not tabbing out the solo, hmm, could you say the what you did around the -1:10 part. i really like that riff there.
Bill,
cheers! :smile:

I'm with Steve-o on this one. Great video, and I really like what you did with the solo. I find it so hard to make that solo sound full when playing this song by myself, but your take on it was very fluid. Any tips you can give us on that solo part would be much appreciated.

 #28600  by Billbbill
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:25 am
ronster wrote:As requested by ker1277, I indicated the runs/fills between the chords. I only indicate the tab for the chord shape once, see ebicks tab and bills video for how often to play each chord. The first section is for the first, second, and last verse. The second section is for the third and forth verses. The second verse is a little diiferent as it has a C run down to Am in place of the typical G F. Anyway I hope this helps.
Code: Select all
In the timbers of ..                                                           …murder me
      G        Bb    F                       G    F        C        F     G  F          C
E|------3----------------------1---------------3--1----------0---------1--3--1----------0
B|------0---------3------------1---------------0--1----------1---------1--0--1----------1
G|------0---------3------------2---------------0--2----------0---------2--0--2----------0
D|----------------3--3------0--3--3--2--0---------3-------------0-2-3--------3-----------
A|2-0-------0--1--------0h3----------------3---------0--2--3--------------------0--2--3--
E|----3---3----------------------------------3-------------------------------------------

   When  I  awoke                                   come on in
             Am     G  C  Bb F                          G     F        G           C   E7
E|---------------0--3--0------------------1----------------3--1----------3-----------0---
B|---------------1--0--1--3---------------1----------------0--1----------0-----------1--3
G|---------------2--0--0--3---------------2----------------0--2----------0-----------0--1
D|---------------2--------3--3-----0--3---3--3--2--0----------3-------------------------2
A|3--3--2--1--0--------3-------0h3--------------------3----------3--0--------0--2--3-----
E|-------------------------------------------------------3-------------3-----------------
                       murder me
   Am       G      F           C   
E|--0-----------3--1-----------0--
B|--1-----------0--1-----------1--
G|--2--------0--0--2-----------0--
D|--2--2--3--------3--------------
A|--------------------0--2--3-----
E|--------------------------------

I truly hate when that happens! Only 2 solutions. Break it up or shorten the spacing. Did you use the tab creator or did you wing it? I've yet to tackle the tab creator so when I tab I frequently preview to see where I'm at. I don't think I use the 'code 'box thingy. Also as I'm typing this reply, the tab gods are going na-na-nana-na cause the frigging tab is perfect in the topic review box!

In the timbers of .. …murder me
G Bb F G F C F G F C
E|------3----------------------1---------------3--1----------0---------1--3--1----------0
B|------0---------3------------1---------------0--1----------1---------1--0--1----------1
G|------0---------3------------2---------------0--2----------0---------2--0--2----------0
D|----------------3--3------0--3--3--2--0---------3-------------0-2-3--------3-----------
A|2-0-------0--1--------0h3----------------3---------0--2--3--------------------0--2--3--
E|----3---3----------------------------------3-------------------------------------------

OK now they're really messin with me - it now looks good in my preview pane but I'm bettin when I hit submit it'll be screwed up.

 #28603  by Billbbill
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 am
Direwuff wrote:Nice video, I can appreciate the work,and heart put into the song.
Thanks Direwuff


d-v-s wrote:
steve wrote:good job bill! i really like the video

everything sounds good. if you end up not tabbing out the solo, hmm, could you say the what you did around the -1:10 part. i really like that riff there.
Bill,
cheers! :smile:

I'm with Steve-o on this one. Great video, and I really like what you did with the solo. I find it so hard to make that solo sound full when playing this song by myself, but your take on it was very fluid. Any tips you can give us on that solo part would be much appreciated.


d-v-s - Thanks - I don't have a whole lotta time right now but one thing is to work through the chords. Both from a creative and logistic perspective. You could look at it as I'm basically playing lead and sprinkling in picking out chords or I'm picking out chords and sprinkling in other notes.

A tune like this with so many changes I'm totally focused on those changes for the sake of cohesive phrasing.

When I have more time I think I'm gonna try something kinda weird.

 #28636  by jck_strw
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:00 am
So many videos! So many kudos to give out! So Many Roads...

Nice job. I really love playing this song, but I could never get the intro (as tabbed out by Ed) right. I'll have to sit down and work this one out 'cause this is one of my favs. I like the intro you have on this one.

 #28650  by ebick
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:27 am
ronster wrote:Finally, what a pain in my assholes.
plural?

 #28692  by ker1227
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:27 pm
thanks ronster, thats great!

 #28695  by Shaggy
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:12 pm
:hail:

Great video, Bill. I like your singing, I think it grows character as the song goes on.

Lots for me to look at and learn off this.

Thank you for sharing it...

 #28700  by ronster
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:49 pm
plural?
What, you no see Borat?!?!?

 #28701  by ronster
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:52 pm
What the hell happened? Now everything looks good?
I edited it about 4 times and finally after about 20 minutes, got it to fit.

 #28702  by jck_strw
 Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:55 pm
I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?
Her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard's robe.
Great film.