Chat about Equipment Info
 #28332  by frankielee

Picked up my fender deluxe reverb amp on friday and I am not disappointed...but i do have a question(you know the old saying the only stupid question is the one you don't ask)so here goes...I am a novice at best and not at all versed in electronics...I have a small Fender solid state amp called the bullit 15...what's cool about it is it has a bunch of different effects from tremelo to reverb to chorus and some others...is there any way this amp can be connected to the DELUXE? so i can get the effects or do i need to get some pedals...it has vibrato and reverb already and sounds awesome but i was just curious if this could be done without frying anything :shock: ...thanks

#28336  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Get some pedals for sure.

#28345  by I'm on the Bozo Bus

Frankielee,
Keep drilling through this site, you will find more than enough sage advice on effects, and of course this part of the thread will not be any differnt.

The first step you took was critical, you did not mention the year of the Delux Reverb and it is hard to go wrong with them, I have a pair of '64's that I would NEVER give up. :cool:

Until you know where you want to go effects-wise, you may want to consider getting an in-expensive "All-in-one" modeling effect. You can pick up a decent one for around $65 - $80. This will get you everything you may need. It may not be the "Tone" of the sound you are looking for however you can get an idea of what you want. These "All-in-ones" tend to be limiting when you go on the cheap, but like I said, it may help you to discover that you want to start with some over-drive, compression and a wah. If you are not familiar with what some effects actually do, these all in ones will help you discover those things. I use a multi-effect now but only for a compressor and only on a few tunes. These multi's aren't bad for late night jamming in a quiet place, with the one I have, I can plug in an Mp3 player, cd player etc... output to a set of headphones, and off I go....
My $.02 worth.....
Phil

#28358  by strumminsix

Totally agree with the Passenger on the Bozo bus...

I bought a POD XT Live to get an idea of what FX I needed, wanted, etc and a good baseline for what I liked and didn't like.

It's a great start.

But I wouldn't incorporate the B15 amp with the Dlx Rvb.

#28423  by frankielee

Thanks to Bozo on the bus and strumminsix and 9.5 for your input...going fx hunting tomorrow with your suggestions in mind.

#28426  by spacehead333

persoanly if your going to get fx,dont get a multi effects pedal, cuz eventually your going to want individual ones. I would start off with buying individual pedals, their cheaper and easier to use. i made the mistake of buying a big multi effects board and regreted it

#28428  by strumminsix

Nuttin better than a good multi-fx like a POD to have handy. I use one to record digitally as well as a back-up to my stage rig. It's well worth the investment plus it's a great tool to learn more about FX if you have no experience.

#28434  by frankielee

Strummisix is that what it's actually called a POD?

#28449  by strumminsix

Yes, check this out:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=482197

It can do preamps, stomps, modulations, delays, etc.

Personally, I use mine for:
1 - recording to pc
2 - as a multi-FX setup for small jams when I don't lug the rack
3 - in a 2U rack with a poweramp as a back-up for gigs.

#28452  by frankielee

8)...and thanks for the referral

#28524  by Henry

strumminsix wrote:Yes, check this out:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=482197

It can do preamps, stomps, modulations, delays, etc.

Personally, I use mine for:
1 - recording to pc
2 - as a multi-FX setup for small jams when I don't lug the rack
3 - in a 2U rack with a poweramp as a back-up for gigs.
You shouldn't underrate the POD, it's a multi-talent in its own way. When I still played steel and guitar and just had one amp, I used to use it on stage to get a different sound for guitar. Nowadays, I use it for:

1 - practice amp for guitar, mostly set on "Black Panel" (In the standard setting, that means "Deluxe Reverb", so at least something to do with this topic. What I often do is dial in a 2 x12" speaker cabinet, that sound is sort of like a Twin with more overdrive, my typical choice to jam along with vintage GD stuff.)
2 - recording to Tascam 2488 since the Tascam's built-in amp simulation is waaay to complicated for me
3 - practice amp for organ set on "Tube Preamp". The rotary effect sure is nice and crisp, beats my Korg CX 3's built-in one.