#28221  by ker1227

im looking into a new acoustic and was wondering if anyone could give me there two cents on fingerboards. i am atracted the the dark ones (ebony, fiber micartas) but that is pure asthetic for me. Whats good? whats not?

thanks

#28233  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

I have an ebony board on my custom electric, sounds great, I also have one on a Larivee acoustic I have and don't love it. For an acoustic, I am not sure if ebony is warm enough. It is almost too crisp and not enough character.

For acoustics I really like Rosewood.

#28236  by shakedown_04092

Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:I have an ebony board on my custom electric, sounds great, I also have one on a Larivee acoustic I have and don't love it. For an acoustic, I am not sure if ebony is warm enough. It is almost too crisp and not enough character.

For acoustics I really like Rosewood.
I have ebony on my custom as well and have been instructed to use lemon oil on it every time I change the strings due to it's nature of drying out & such (well, that description may not be perfect, but nonetheless...)

Do you do the same CR9.5? Any other tips for maintenance you can give would be much obliged!

#28237  by spacehead333

Does the lemon oil really help? My grandpa does that, and i don't know if i see a difference. How long does it take before they dry out?