#28028  by Tennessee Jedi

Dude wailing!Thanks for getting to the songs so quick.Cant wait for Let it Grow! :cool:

#28034  by strumminsix

Billbbill wrote:Looks pretty good ss. I've never tackled this one. And after watching troubleclef I'm not sure I ever will!
:P
Thanks... I've played it much better but got camera shy :oops:

TroubleClef is one of the most talented dudes I've seen.
However it is important to not he reinterprets the songs.
If you compare his versions to the albums they'd be off.
(but sadly his sound better in some cases)

TJ - I'll do a LIG just like this one later on today.
But it's a long song to do an instructional per say.
I also sent up a Casey Jones with a Weir focus...
 #28037  by Tennessee Jedi

Anything you can put up would be cool.Thanks.One part of L.I.G. I cant get is the Jerry part behind Bobs "woodcutters daughter" vocal.I can't settle on which little chords to play off of for Jerrys part.
I thought you had a link for your band or some music or something but I couldn't find one(maybe I should check your U-tube thing).Would love check out some electric stuff.
Thanks man...

#28039  by strumminsix

Yes, I know where you are speaking of "Woodcutter's daughter" but I'm stumped. The version that I hear in my head for that part is Without a Net and he's got a horn emulation kicked on via Midi. And the true genius of Garcia comes thru he plays the guitar like brass instrument so the midi sounds great!

Maybe that is the stumbling block?

Ya, I had a LIG up somewhere. Don't recall anymore :(

#28076  by BayAreaBB

There's some good camera shots of Jerry playing LIG in VFTV I that has really helped me with this song. Unfortunately, the camera is not on Jer for the very beginning that I still can't figure out.

#28083  by BlobWeird

I liked the differences in yours compared to the one here. Just gotta get that timing down. I need to figure out how to get my digital camcorder hooked up to here. ill figure it out one of these days. Im bored half the time and once I figure it out you guys will hate me lol. Cause Ill put up tons of videos.

#28108  by LazyLightnin

look i like your video, and i know your a good player, but i do this tune also and all i can say is that it looked and sounded way off. my only regret is that i had a camera to record myself and show you how i play it. i learned it from darks page i can tell you that.

you gotta slide that B7 up to the 7th fret, the whole things gotta sound smooth and effortless.

great job nonetheless.[/u]

#28111  by strumminsix

LazyLightnin wrote:look i like your video, and i know your a good player, but i do this tune also and all i can say is that it looked and sounded way off. my only regret is that i had a camera to record myself and show you how i play it. i learned it from darks page i can tell you that.

you gotta slide that B7 up to the 7th fret, the whole things gotta sound smooth and effortless.

great job nonetheless.
I played jdarks tab against the album. it wasn't right.

Firstly he has alot of triads when they are doubles and inversions.

Secondly he has full chords instead of single note runs.

B7? Not sure about where you are talking about. I play around a B7 anywhere but Bobby doesn't play a full B7. And 7th or 2nd fret doesn't matter.

Check out TroubleClef's version on youtube.

He is the closest person to do it out there.

And is not doing Jdarks way.

But agreed it's not as smooth or fluid as I'd like and something got choppy in the video and audio. Don't know what that happened.

#28133  by nicolasalk

strumminsix wrote:
LazyLightnin wrote:look i like your video, and i know your a good player, but i do this tune also and all i can say is that it looked and sounded way off. my only regret is that i had a camera to record myself and show you how i play it. i learned it from darks page i can tell you that.

great job nonetheless.
I played jdarks tab against the album. it wasn't right.

Firstly he has alot of triads when they are doubles and inversions.

Secondly he has full chords instead of single note runs.

B7? Not sure about where you are talking about. I play around a B7 anywhere but Bobby doesn't play a full B7. And 7th or 2nd fret doesn't matter.

Check out TroubleClef's version on youtube.

He is the closest person to do it out there.

And is not doing Jdarks way.

But agreed it's not as smooth or fluid as I'd like and something got choppy in the video and audio. Don't know what that happened.
i agree with lazy lighting, i also liked your version, is true that jdarks isnt perferct, but you have to understand the song, and make it from little pieces thar are perfect, then unite them and learn them well and play them smooth and fluid, i did that, i will upload my version when i can

#28138  by strumminsix

Are y'all comparing other "versions" to your ears or the CD?

I've played mine against the album over a hundred times and there are only a few notes off from what I can tell.

Too often tabs match our memory and sound right but when you actually compare them to the CD...

#28159  by LazyLightnin

i learned from the album version and darks chords, i havent heard a version that sounded anything like what your playing. and the b7 is definetly how i said, your just not playing it right.

#28169  by High Peaks

My band has LIG up on our page right now.
I would say its more in the 80's vein, then 70's.
Any feedback is appreciated!

We just played Kings Tavern here in Saratoga, and my feet are killing me!@!!