#21869  by lostsailor8782

Yonder Mountain
Honkytonk Homeslice
RAILROAD EARTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if you ddig Ray L. check out Amos Lee

#21886  by shakedown_04092

lostsailor8782 wrote:hey check this cat out and tell me what you think

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... eb6fd59d1c
Who's that? Is that you? Well, he's pretty good and has a great voice, IMO. Good songs, easy on the ear. "Anytime" listenability.

#21899  by Shaggy

Lucinda Williams is always good value both live and studio album wise.

Everyone needs some Richard Thompson in their collection too.

#21923  by GD_Loser

Wilco
Radiohead
My Morning Jacket
Spoon
Tea Leaf Green
Tool
Xavier Rudd
The Flaming Lips
Buckethead
Les Claypool
N' Sync....They recently overtook the dead as my favorite band haha :cool:

#27186  by JackORoses

Ryan Adams and Cardinals (this is a must)

Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, Son Volt

Keller Williams

Yonder Mt. String Band

Railroad Earth

moe.

shit I even enjoy Dave Matthews Band

i'd keep away from

Disco Biscuits
Umphrey's Mcgee

personally I think these bands have just hijacked jam audiences and care nothign about there fans or the environment the dead helped build and there music has nothing to do with the tradition of the the grateful dead

#27192  by spacehead333

Umphrey's and Bisco, are fucking awsome. They did not destroy shit. There proally some of the most talented muscicians out there. Just cuz they dont play exactly like "DEad" doesnt mean people who LOVE the dead shouldnt go see them. Have an open mind about things for god sakes. At least their original, and don't base their fame on cover tunes, like DSO

#27195  by krzykat

I belong to the church so I have to say Coltrane

#27207  by big_river_bum

along with the ymsb, wilco, ryan adams, my morning jacket recommendations i'd like to add

no river city- great country rock band from atlanta. beautiful songs. reminds me of ryan adams whiskeytown days

cornmeal!!!!- if you enjoy yonder these guys are great. no mandolin, but they have a drummer. their live shows are intense. their fiddle player is great and their banjo player is frank zappa's doppleganger. great songwriters(very catchy stuff) great harmonies

greensky bluegrass- from michigan. more traditional bluegrass, but all very talented

steep canyon rangers-very tasteful bluegrass. make old forms seem new without converting to extremes bands like yonder do. i believe the ibma named them 'up and coming' band of the year

kings of leon- for rockin out with an experimental twist. great if you like being a hipster

crooked still-singer sounds like alison krauss.

avett brothers- bluegrass on emo. jk. very passionate singing and high energy shows. not the most talented group, but they use what they have to the upmost extreme. they play like 300 shows a year

old crow medicine show- great songwriting, unique voices, occasionally goofy lyrics.

#27209  by ker1227

THE DUHKS
Steep Canyon Rangers(From my hometown)(Namedrop)
is hot rize still going??

#27211  by Scary Pete

China Cat wrote:moe.
Widespread Panic
Disco Biscuits
Keller Williams
DISCO BISCUITS!!!!!!!!

Dispatch
Matisyahu

#27218  by FairTheeWell

LARRY KEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the Keller and The Keels stuff but rather....

Larry Keel and the Experience
The Keel Brothers vol #1 and #2
and anything w/ Larry and Mark Schimick

While were on the subject of Mark Schimick check out anything by him and you will be pleased...

May I repeat....

LARRY KEEL

#27246  by Oscillation

best live act i've seen in ages was maceo parker http://www.maceo.com/ truly amazing show...if hes near you run don't walk to go see him....btw i got his new cd...decent...not nearly as kick ass as the concert!