Musical Theory Abound!!!

#26659  by Benthegoodbum

Three Little Birds is a good one...I also really like Buffalo Soldier.

#26677  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

High Tide or Low tide
Rastaman Chant
Walk The Proud Land
Duppy Conqueror

Shit, they are all pretty great. Any of the stuff with him Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer is just unbeatable.

While we are on the subject, they re-released the album Talkin' Blues a couple of years ago, remastered with some bonus tracks. If you don't have it, buy it, it is unreal.

#26678  by Rev_Roach

Yeah I'd be hard pressed to think of one I don't like. Some of my favorite are Lively Up Yourself, Concrete jungle, Wait\ in Vain, the whole Burnin album, One Drop, Johnny Was and Crazy Baldhead

#26679  by BuddhaG

i would have to add Soul Shakedown and Kaya to the list of already mentioned tunes. also, he's like the bob dylan of jamaica. talented lyricist who talks of people, politics, love, everything under the sun. his vocal melodies are beautiful.

#26682  by Erictw83

Trenchtown Rock

"One good thing about music, when it hits ya, you feel no pain"

Marley is most excellent

#26683  by krzykat

I love them all! I was on the bus traveling cross country listening to some early Marley (years ago) and some cat was emphaticly telling me that it wasn't Marley. I just laughed

#26685  by amyjared

Yeah! Love it all! "Hey Mr. Cop, got no birth certificate on me now!" "Rasta don't work for no, CIA!" I have the double dvd of his show (at the Rainbow?) and it's great! One DVD is the show and the other is a documentary and some extra shit. Totally worth picking up.

#26687  by big_river_bum

concrete jungle for sure. i moves me like no other song of his. i can't imagine how emotionally important that song would be to me if i was actually from a terrible background such as a ghetto. that song really puts things in perspective. you think your having a back run of luck and then listen to that song, smile, and realize you could have it a lot worse.

actually, all of 'catch a fire' is amazing. one of the top 10 albums of all time imho. and i'm not even a huge marley fan

#26688  by big_river_bum

and that dvd that amyjared speaks of is truly great. i think you can get it for like 10 bucks. the performances of concrete jungle, stir it up, among others on the documentary are trance like. i don't watch the concert too much

#26718  by mutant_dan

I was really into Marley when he first came on the scene. His music was magical, new and refreshing. Marley inspired me to go see Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer (which make up the three original Wailers). Marley then became somewhat of a staple for the masses and too mainstream for my tastes.

Bunny never really did it for me.

Tosh seemed to be connected at a different level that for some reason really spoke to me. If you love Bob and have never checked out Tosh, do yourself a favor and give him a listen..

#26749  by HawaiianDedhed

Have to agree with mutant dan on the Peter tosh sentiment. Check out his Equal Rights and Mama Africa albums.

"Like a steppin' razor don't you watch my size, I dangerous, dangerous."

As for the #1 Bob song, gots to be Jump Nayabingi off of Confrontation (a great and often overlooked album).

"It gives great joy to see such sweet togetherness, everyone doin', and their doin' their best."