Chat about Equipment Info
 #25250  by Laytonco

Hey guys,
I bought an IVP Preamp in May and haven't even touched it. The IVP preamp was the preamp Bob used from around 83 to 83. You can see a description on the Dozin site under equipment info. Does anyone have one of these? If so, I'd like to get the initial settings you use as this thing has more knobs that I know what to do with. If I have the initial setting, it will make it a lot easier for me to tweak. Also, if you are using one, what is the rest of your setup?

Peace,

Gil

#25258  by strumminsix

Owned one and hated it then sold it
Am I correct in assuming it is your only preamp?

At least 3 times I've seen people try something like:
Guitar > IVP > Fender something or another combo/head

#25260  by Laytonco

Hey Strummin',
I was afraid that I might have just bought a "collector's piece." But hell, i wanted it anyhow. But, I figured I could try and work it in even if it only slightly enhanced the sound. Both of my amps are combos (Heritage Patriot and 1974 Blackfaced Fender Super). Really, neither of them need preamping, but I went for it anyhow.

#25276  by strumminsix

Laytonco wrote:... I figured I could try and work it in even if it only slightly enhanced the sound. Both of my amps are combos (Heritage Patriot and 1974 Blackfaced Fender Super)..
Using a solid state preamp in front of either of those amps will not enhance the sound at all UNLESS you are missing something from your sound. It can be used more like an EQ. But for the life of me I can't see with your high quality amps how you would need an IVP and all the knobs to get your tone.

The #1 thing I liked about it was a PRE-LOOP and a POST-LOOP. Kept things very neat.
 #25961  by mkaufman

Would you be interested in selling it?

mk

Laytonco wrote:Hey guys,
I bought an IVP Preamp in May and haven't even touched it. The IVP preamp was the preamp Bob used from around 83 to 83. You can see a description on the Dozin site under equipment info. Does anyone have one of these? If so, I'd like to get the initial settings you use as this thing has more knobs that I know what to do with. If I have the initial setting, it will make it a lot easier for me to tweak. Also, if you are using one, what is the rest of your setup?

Peace,

Gil

#25974  by Laytonco

I dont think so....not just yet. I'm really pondering going for a mid to late 70s Weir set up with a power amp. If I do that, I'll need this. BUT, if I do sell it, it'll go up for sael here first, of course. It all depends on how this new venture I'm doing, called the Pranksters, works out.

Peace,

Gil

#25978  by strumminsix

Well, well, well, you can never tell - Michael Kaufman is here.

The only man I know who once owned a pair of the elusive UE-700s.

Laytonco - MK is good people and well established gearhead!

MK - I have some interest in an Alembic F1X maybe we can work something out between the 3 of us if you are looking for an IVP, I'm looking for an F1X and Laytonco is looking for $$$.