#25588  by Long Distance Runner

Easy enough. So what's your favorite? Personally, my list would look like this:
1. The Grateful Dead Movie
2. Truckin' Up to Buffalo
3. The Closing of Winterland

#25593  by lostsailor8782

I really like the Alpine Valley show from 89, downhill from here or there or whatever, if nothing else for the LTGTR Stranger opener, lots of energy, that is till Jerry drops the buzz kill Built To Last

#25599  by ebick

I wish they would put out So Far on DVD.

#25604  by jdasa

View from the Vault IV...

That's the one with the two shows from '87 isn't it?

I'm a big fan of '87 to begin with, and these shows don't disappoint.

Although I don't like all the video effects on the View from Vault series. Wht can't they just so us the band doin' their thing?

#25606  by bodiddley

lostsailor8782 wrote:I really like the Alpine Valley show from 89, downhill from here or there or whatever, if nothing else for the LTGTR Stranger opener, lots of energy, that is till Jerry drops the buzz kill Built To Last
Buzzkill? Are you kidding me? Jerry sounds absolutely exultant on that version. Great singing and then just soars on his solo. If ya don't care for the tune I understand but it's one of the strongest live versions I've ever heard. Far from a buzzkill for this boy.

Downhill is their best DVD, IMO.
Terrific China/Rider
Great Desolation Row if not the best.
Deal climax that rips through the atmosphere
Many highlights!

#25610  by caspersvapors

Gd Movie
Downhill from Here
Truckin to Buffalo
VFTV IV

#25614  by Stagger Lee

closing of winterland

every songs rips and it's just special

#25615  by amyjared

View from the Vault IV...

That's the one with the two shows from '87 isn't it?

I'm a big fan of '87 to begin with, and these shows don't disappoint.

Although I don't like all the video effects on the View from Vault series. Wht can't they just so us the band doin' their thing?
I love this one, also. Especially being at both shows. As for why they don't just show the band, these were taken from the video monitors that were projected during the show and they did those effects during the show. I wasn't a huge fan, but at times being really high and looking up and dancing, well, it just didn't get any better.
I don't have the Buffalo one, although I was at that show. It's next on my list.

#25619  by BayAreaBB

I believe the special effects were removed from Buffalo. I love set II of VFTV-I but GD Movie has got to be the best. Also noteworthy are the specials on the Winterland DVD...30min. documentary on Winterland is awesome.

#25635  by frankielee

Grateful Dead Movie...From Anthem To Beauty (a must imo)...Grateful Dawg