#25265  by OhioBuckeye

I have a question on learning these new tabs. When they list the chord above a word on a lyric does that mean that's the only time it's play or that for example "C" is played until the next chord is shown?

I'm guessing that you would have to play the chords multiple times and then transition to the next chord.

Thanks!!!!

#25269  by Billbbill

You guessed right. The cited chord is 'in force' until the next citation. If you see 'tacet' it means silent. For instance, no chord over the second 'bound to cover...' in The Wheel at that one point.

How much or little you strum, pick or add a fill line is a matter of 'interpretation'.

#25274  by b weird

For me the best way to get the rythmn for a song down is to grab your guitar sit down next to your CD player or whatever you use to listen to music (no iPod's) and turn up the volume real loud while playing along.

#25284  by BlobWeird

b weird wrote:For me the best way to get the rythmn for a song down is to grab your guitar sit down next to your CD player or whatever you use to listen to music (no iPod's) and turn up the volume real loud while playing along.
Why no iPod's? I have an iPod with a Speaker system and its quite nice. Gets pretty loud.

#25286  by b weird

Oh, sorry I dodn't know you could get speker systems for i Pods. :oops:

#25287  by b weird

Also when I first started playing I also wondered if you kept strumming the chord of if you just played it once. P.S. Hey, Blob Weird, I see we both joined on the same day of the same year and we both have user names which are quite simmaler. I wonder who actually joined first?

#25290  by BlobWeird

wow weird stuff lol

#25320  by ebick

b weird wrote:Oh, sorry I dodn't know you could get speker systems for i Pods. :oops:

Hell, you can get any accessory for an iPod.

While on the subject, my iPod died and I need a new device. Trying to decide whether to stay iPod or go with Zune or Creative Labs or something else. I have a larrge music collection and whatever device I have MUST handle it. My iPod was a 40GB, so that's the minimum.

Any feedback.
Last edited by ebick on Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#25330  by Chief5959

here is my take on things: You have a large music collection. Your ipod has died and you need a replacement. Since you are already set up for itunes why not get the 160gb ipod. It can hold as much music as you want. No other player that I have seen cvan hold anywhere near as much. I have had a number of ipods (60 then the 80 and an ipod nano) and have not had any trouble with them.

#25332  by ebick

My iPod was about 3 or 4 years old. It was actually an HP iPod. Not really sure what that whole thing was about, but for a while, HP stuck their logo on a 40GB unit and sold and supported it. Apple sends me to HP, HP says, out of warrenty and we are out of the business.

Let me ask something. Is it possible that using Noise Reduction headphones could have messed it up? I know that my NRH don't work on AirTran's XML.

#25384  by BlobWeird

ebick wrote: Let me ask something. Is it possible that using Noise Reduction headphones could have messed it up? I know that my NRH don't work on AirTran's XML.
Hmm I doubt it. If anything they just wouldnt work or would give crappy sound. What exactly is wrong with it? Im on my third iPod now. I had a 2gb Nano to start. I thought 1000 songs would be fine. Noooo way I filled it in no time. But I kept it anyway but one day while at work I picked up a case of paper on my knee and crushed the screen in. Then I got a used ollllllddd school 20gb. Filled that up way too quick as well. Now I have an 80gb Video iPod. I like it but im almost full there too. So im gonna be bustin out the 20gb and usin both to get 100 lol.

#25391  by ebick

BlobWeird wrote:
ebick wrote: Let me ask something. Is it possible that using Noise Reduction headphones could have messed it up? I know that my NRH don't work on AirTran's XML.
Hmm I doubt it. If anything they just wouldnt work or would give crappy sound. What exactly is wrong with it?
When I try to turn it on, I hear a clicking, then a message comes on that tells me to go to support.apple.com/ipod, which of course is no help.

#25441  by GratefulPat

i use an i pod w speakers as well. its all i use

#25477  by LazyLightnin

GO BUCKEYES 8)

#25481  by BlobWeird

ebick wrote:
When I try to turn it on, I hear a clicking, then a message comes on that tells me to go to support.apple.com/ipod, which of course is no help.
Have you tried restoring it?