#25238  by wisedyes

...guitar playing or music playing related posts recently. What's up with that? That was always my favorite thing about this forum was it offered a chance to talk to other musicians that played the type of music we all love about how to play music.
Now not so much, it seems. Lot's of who's better than who type of things, or does DSO suck or not. Just my two cents, of course.

#25242  by AugustWest

I know that just last week of so I learned how to play cosmic charlie 1000 times better becuase of a post by billbill. So there still out there. I know if I have a theory or song question this is still the first place I go to ask. If you don't like the who's best topics. Don't read them and don't post on them. The music theory topics and gear topics are still around. The 90's bobby tone thread I would argue is a music related question as well.

#25243  by strumminsix

We are getting smarter :)
 #25246  by Laytonco

Thsi site is ever changing and I like that. Try posting something non-gear related on a gear site and see what happens. I see this site as a living room I can go to to talk to fellow Dead friends about anything. So, all the topics are cool with me. Plus, over the last 5 years I have spent my children's tuition on gear and really can't afford anything else! So, I cant really talk gear topics now. Except....but wait, maybe I can!

Peace,

Gil

#25288  by b weird

I also can not stand the Who or What's best questions. In my opinion everything is better than something else in it's own special way. I also miss the music related topics.

#25289  by Benthegoodbum

Well then I guess you should make some.
 #25300  by jackr

wisedyes wrote:...guitar playing or music playing related posts recently. What's up with that? That was always my favorite thing about this forum was it offered a chance to talk to other musicians that played the type of music we all love about how to play music.
Now not so much, it seems. Lot's of who's better than who type of things, or does DSO suck or not. Just my two cents, of course.
And this post is a perfect example of that! :-)

I just made a post recently about Jason Becker and almost no one commented on it or his talents. I also posted about Robben Ford and the same thing. Did you check them out or listen to thier guitar playing?

#25303  by smile_smile_smile

yea i just posted a question about jerry's midi sound in eyes of the world 3/29/90 the one with branford...jerry's guitar sounds like a wind instrument, or something, about 9:50....no one answered me fully....how bout you post about that?