#25208  by Billbbill

nicolasalk wrote:
Billbbill wrote:Cool - though this is a bit large.
i love yours
The one up now? Thanks, I searched a bit for it. It's about the fourth one I've had up in about an hour. I've been trying to heed tigers suggestion and downsize.

#25209  by HawaiianDedhed

testing, testing 1, 2, 3. . .

#25210  by phpbb

there are some mods I will be looking into to handle sizing issues. I think its a totally valid point to keep the topics manageable.

#25211  by HawaiianDedhed

crap!

Thanks for the help but I am now officially discouraged. :cry:

My avatar is loving it though. :cheers:

#25213  by prephippie

Posting just to show off my sweet signature. I made it from the Winterland DVD. :cool:
(mods, feel free to delete it if the .gif slows stuff down too much.)

Also, just to clarify b weird's instructions a little more -> The image has to be hosted somewhere on the internet. You can't use an image that's only on your hard drive. http://photobucket.com/ is a good free site for hosting images.

#25214  by prephippie

Here's a test for HawaiianDedhed

That site must not allow you to link your images. It shows up if you copy the url into your browser, but not if you post it here. Try a different hosting site I guess.

#25215  by ebick

HawaiianDedhed wrote: Image
WHERE'D YOU GET THAT PICTURE, DUDE!?!?!?! That's from my collection!!!!!

I don't care, I was just surprised to see that. Tell me where you found it, and I will tell you the story of where I got it.

#25218  by HawaiianDedhed

My friend got it from his friend who somehow hooked up with Jerry to go diving when he came to Hawaii.

My buddy tells the story of how the dive group was on the boat making conversation when an older woman asked Jerry what he did. Jerry said he was a musician and the woman with a somewhat worried tone asked Jerry if he was succesful as a musician. Jerry apparently replied with something along the lines of, "I do okay."

#25219  by ebick

Maybe it was the same guy.

Back when I was hosting the site, I used to, from time to time, get promised small tokens of appreciation. This was one I actually got.

The guy was a newscaster in Hawaii. He was doing a story on Jerry and partook in the dive you mentioned. He sent me a number of pics including that one. He also sent me a video tape with the following:

1) Soundcheck of Harder They Come from 5/12/90
2) Jerry testifying in a small, local court regarding a proposed law about boat mooring that would affect the reefs in Hawaii.
3) An interview (done by this newscaster) on the boat on the way out to the dive (where that picture was taken).
4) Underwater footage of the dive.

It's a pretty cool video.

#25220  by krzykat

This is a great pic of bobby, I just like changing the signature keeps it fresh

#25221  by HawaiianDedhed

Yeah, pretty sure it's the same guy -- Dick Alguire (he's a public figure and has written at least one article for Relix so I don't think he will mind his name being posted)

I remember the story about the coral reefs and Jerry also writing a check for the cause. I forget the amount.

By the way, I made the picture smaller in photo bucket and tried a few other things to reduce the size, if it's still the size of 1/2 a page I'll get rid of it.

#25266  by shakedown_04092

krzykat wrote:This is a great pic of bobby, I just like changing the signature keeps it fresh
Uhh...

Phil = check
Trey = check
Some dude in the background = check
Bobby = ?

#25478  by LazyLightnin

dude that looks more like neil and bob if you catch my drift :shock: