#22749  by GratefulPat

some of these tabs are great but this is awefulllllll. i have used rukind forever and i just now took the time to register after looking at this tab.

#22765  by AugustWest

yeah could you elaborate. This tab has always sounded great to me. The only thing I do different is sometimes I add a D right between the change from A to E. This tab is right on target imo.

#22766  by bodiddley

You are diligently working on a revisement of this inferior tab, right GratefulPat?

#22768  by sarraqum

This tab sounds right to me also.....unless you can prove it otherwise.

#22770  by ebick

It's always nice when someone takes a crap in the room and then leaves.

After listening to Grateful Dead music for over 30 years (God, has it been that long!) and playing it for over 25, I am reasonably sure that the chords are correct.

Perhaps gratefulpat is attempting to play along with one of the many other artists' interpretations of this old, traditional number.

My guess however, is that we won't hear from gratefulpat again, and we certainly won't see a "correct" tab posted.

Let's move on, folks.

#22772  by strumminsix

ebick wrote:Let's move on, folks.

#22773  by GratefulPat

not the chord progression, the actual tabs for the intro the e to a lick and the closing. some1 tell me how to tape myself playing it and put it on here and ill show you how its supposed to be

#22774  by GratefulPat

no ed thats not right. i play all dead all the time and am damn good at it. if you would have read it right i said the tabbing, not the chords. any genius could figure that out

#22776  by BlobWeird

GratefulPat wrote:no ed thats not right. i play all dead all the time and am damn good at it. if you would have read it right i said the tabbing, not the chords. any genius could figure that out
Wow way to treat the administrator of this site. That took his valuable time to make this all happen. btw its called "Interpretation!!!!!!"

And I, for one, find nothin wrong with that tab. The only part im a little iffy on is the We Bid You Goodnight tab. Mostly because ive only heard it acapella. You dont need to tape it. Just tab it. But you prolly wont do that.

#22777  by GratefulPat

thats the intro. every few times alternate the 2nd fret on the d for an open E

E|--0--3h4-----------------3--4-----------3--4--------
B|----------2--4-----4--2-----------4--2--------------
G|----------------2--------------2--------------2-----
D|----------------------------------------------------
A|----------------------------------------------------
E|----------------------------------------------------

#22778  by GratefulPat

thats the intro. every few times alternate the 2nd fret on the d for an open E. play that as long as you like

E|--0--3h4-----------------3--4-----------3--4--------
B|----------2--4-----4--2-----------4--2--------------
G|----------------2--------------2--------------2-----
D|----------------------------------------------------
A|----------------------------------------------------
E|----------------------------------------------------

#22779  by GratefulPat

not trying to get an attitude. i dont like being told that im wrong or playing another version when i know im right. heres the transition from e to a

E|--0--3h4-----------------3h4-----
B|----------2--4-----4--2----------
G|----------------2-------------2--
D|------------------------------2--
A|------------------------------2--
E|---------------------------------

#22781  by GratefulPat

give it a go and see how that sounds

#22782  by GratefulPat

im busy now, but if you want the ending like the one the guy does on the video section from dozin(close to that)closer to some 77,78 versions ill do it later. let me know