name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #21763  by heavynylon

Hello, folks. Despite being alive for the entire existence of the Grateful Dead, I only recently started listening to their music. I grew up listening to Dylan, Hendrix, and Zappa, but for some reason, I never paid much attention the Dead. But, it was about 8 months ago, when I decided to try to learn to play the guitar, that I came across this site. The support on the net for learning to play Grateful Dead music truly without equal and has provided me with a most enjoyable way to learn this instrument. And in the course of this, I've become a GD fan - a neo-deadhead, if you will.

About my gear, my guitar is a Yamaha G-245SII classical guitar. It may not be the best guitar for some of the GD leads, since I've only got 12 accessible frets to work with, but it's good for learning to play fingerstyle. Hopefully, after I learn a bit more, I'll be able to contribute some to these forums.

#21765  by shakedown_04092

Hotlanta, hotdamn! Welcome aboard mate! Better to be late on the bus than to not be on at all! :cool:

#21772  by strumminsix

Welcome aboard!

#21774  by Billbbill

Well that's a novel route to the boys. Welcome. Your guitar reminded me of this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aN2eJYoW3-8

a very nice version of weather report suite pt. 1 on a classical gitbox by troubleclef from you tube. We'd bounced this around this site quite a while back but definitely worth a reprise. Check it out. He also does a pretty good Clap if you like Yes.

#21831  by heavynylon

Wow! That's really good. Quite inspirational.