Talk about the recent Tours
 #21397  by ker1227

i heard that this was his last tour, any truth to this??

te

#21399  by astroman99

Whom are you referring to?

#21402  by ebick

yeah right.....after carefully looking at this, I think "te" is supposed to be "The", and "philly" is not Philadelphia, but Phil Lesh.

But I could be wrong.

#21403  by BlobWeird

well if your right ebick about him talkin about lesh then that reallllly sucks BUT I am finally seein him for at least 2 nights of the 9-night run at Nokia Theatre in NYC. God bless for that.

#21408  by tigerstrat

I've seen him referred to as "Reddy" before, but never as "Philly". I wish he was bringing the new band to the Northwest! Haven't seen PLF since 2002 at the Hult.

#21409  by BlobWeird

I dont know why but I never made an effort to see him. I got into the scene too late (4 years ago). I saw The Dead for 2 nights in 2004, then Ratdog once at Central Park in 2005 and DSO a bunch of times. So im stoked to finally see my man Phil. Ratdog was ok but Phil means more to me than Bobby. Whether they are "on" or not im sure that wont even matter.

#21411  by gratephulphish123

unfortunately phil is comin gto my town the same day i'm going to phili to see the smashing pumpkins. VERY frustrating, i guess i'll have to drive to buffalo or glen falls now :? hope he changes dates

#21412  by shakedown_04092

gratephulphish123 wrote:unfortunately phil is comin gto my town the same day i'm going to phili to see the smashing pumpkins. VERY frustrating, i guess i'll have to drive to buffalo or glen falls now :? hope he changes dates
Or better yet: sell those Pumpkins tics....hell, GIVE them away!

It's PHIL. 'Nuff said. :cool:

#21415  by phpbb

I spell corrected the title.

#21426  by gratephulphish123

shakedown_04092 wrote:Or better yet: sell those Pumpkins tics....hell, GIVE them away!

It's PHIL. 'Nuff said. :cool:
dude i like phil and friends but with no joan theres little good singing to be had, i'll see him twice already but i dont really fancy phil's destroying sugaree :x, i can only take so much of his singing. garcia ruining garcia/hunter songs by forgetting lyrics is fine, though, i'll drop my tickets if he wants to come back

#21436  by AugustWest

Dude jackie green is touring with him this tour. His vocals are far and away better than joans or many other people phil plays with. So you have to stomach a friend of a devil or dark star phil style, so what green will tare up the rest of the vocals and the jamming is top notch. Go see PHIL!!!!

#21439  by humboldtnorm

after surviving a liver transplant and prostate cancer i'm pretty sure phil is NOT going call it quits after this tour.
i've seen almost every combination of phil's different musician lineups and i've never been disapointed...
i don't know anything about Jackie Greene, tell me more!

#21442  by AugustWest

Someone from the bay area may know more than I do about jackie green, but he is a CA native that has hit the national scene a couple years ago. His guitar playing is sorta blues oriented but his songwritting is TOP notch. imho better version of ryan adams. His sound isn't excactly like adams. ryan is more country alt. where jackie green is harder to place in a genre to me. He has gotten the next dylan label by record people but I don't really see that either. He is actually unique and very talented. You can find a aud copy of his last show he played with phil and friends on the archive. Excellent vocals on loose lucy, deal, and others. I just wish berry sless would play alongside him instead of larry campbell.

#21443  by humboldtnorm

Thanks!
Ya, Sless would be a way better choice, he's got the "sound" dialed in plus the great licks. it seems like Phil uses him when he can't get anyone else, i don't understand why he wouldn't be first choice. Campbell seems too ridgid to play Dead music. I'm looking forward to the Greek either way!

#21446  by tigerstrat

Another vote for my man Barry! Don't any of you EVER miss a David Nelson Band show if you get the chance to see them.