#21318  by DudeWithTheFan

Anyone know what scale Jerry solo's over? Sounds kind of E major-ish to me.

#21334  by BuddhaG

check out http://www.jdarks.com. he's got tabs for that song i'm pretty sure...

actually a more helpful thing would be looking up jdarks on youtube. he does a nice lesson on LLR where he goes over both bob's and jerry's parts. i dont know if he goes over the solo but definitely got some jerry riffs on that one.

check it out, jdarks is the man.

#21345  by BlobWeird

Id be willin to bet it is E major over most parts. Although he seems to dip into somethin else at one part of the progression. I use E major though

#21350  by myoung6923

I agree - E Maj during the solos all through the verses - except for a couple of parts - where the progression goes to Absus4-Ab - I just hit C# - C.

And then the riff at the very end jam is in mixolydian.

#21358  by kevo

I use E mixo as my base, major just doesn't sound as good.

#21361  by BlobWeird

Really kevo? really listen to that flat seventh and tell me that doesnt sound out of place. As mt said there is a little mixolydian in there but for the most part its e major. Just use the intro alone and play mixo then major and see which sounds correct.

Re:

#55825  by tigerstrat

BlobWeird wrote:Really kevo? really listen to that flat seventh and tell me that doesnt sound out of place. As mt said there is a little mixolydian in there but for the most part its e major. Just use the intro alone and play mixo then major and see which sounds correct.

Flat 7(D) of E mixo <edit- orig typed "maj" here> is clearly an important chord tone in the solo. Hear the Asus4 at the start ("But it's alright...")? The sus4 is D. Two bars later, an F#m and D maj are played. Where is the D# supposed to go?
I'd say the solo is played in A maj, which equates with E mixo.
Last edited by tigerstrat on Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.